best and worst balcony on Glory

balconyboy

Now I NEED to ask! Anyone been on Glory Verandah deck? Cabin 8423? Ir's close to the elevators and now I'm worried!

Yes, we had this room 10/7-14/06. Great location. Don't be worried but you might want to take earplugs ;) It isn't the noise from the hallway/elevator that's the problem. It's the employees at 2 AM right above in the Red Sail Rest (which was closed). Sent my ds up to find out what was going on and he said they were cleaning the floors and dragging the furniture. Go figure:rolleyes: It didn't happen every night.

Did my dh notice? - no! Was it really a problem? Not really. Would I choose this cabin again? Absolutely - with my earplugs ;) . It was very convenient especially on late nights when we needed food which was right upstairs and out the door. One headsup - the shower didn't drain well at all. Found out this happened in other cabins as well. Just ask for extra towels to soak it up.

We are booked on the Glory in room 7445 wrap around balcony, cat 9A. There are only 6 of these rooms on the ships and each one is configured differently. Has anyone ever been in this room?

Also, "BALCONYBOY" my brother and sister-in-law are booked with us and their cabin is 7439, so I would be interested in that configuration also. We plan to open the balcony between the two cabins and have a HUGE balcony. We just got off the Victory and had the balcony opened between both of our rooms and it really makes a difference.

We are booked on the Glory in room 7445 wrap around balcony, cat 9A. There are only 6 of these rooms on the ships and each one is configured differently. Has anyone ever been in this room?

Also, "BALCONYBOY" my brother and sister-in-law are booked with us and their cabin is 7439, so I would be interested in that configuration also. We plan to open the balcony between the two cabins and have a HUGE balcony. We just got off the Victory and had the balcony opened between both of our rooms and it really makes a difference.

When are you going

• 2 months later...
We were in cabin 9229 on the Glory Dec 05 and it was very quiet.

I am looking to book this cabin for a cruise in Jun. 07. On our 5 previous cruises, we have always had a mid ship cabin. I am just curious about ship movement since this is a high deck and the cabin is forward.

Anybody notice anymore movement in the Lido cabins?

I have to agree with Liza. The Panorama Deck was great location. I forget the number but we were near the elevators and the stairs so in the morning it was quick and easy getting to the lido deck. The wife and I are like y'all we need privacy and quiet. Take the OP's advice and look at the deck plans. Make sure you have a cabin above and below you.

It takes us longer to choose the cabin then it does the ship. We are doing the Freedom this year but looked at the Caribbean Princess also. We chose the Freedom for the most part because their balcony's are completely covered unlike the CB. (Unless of course you get an aft balcony.)

Hint: If you are like us and love to people watch, get to bar in the atrium early on formal nights. They usually have a guy singing at the piano and you can watch all of the women and men "strut their stuff".

I have to agree with Liza. The Panorama Deck was great location. I forget the number but we were near the elevators and the stairs so in the morning it was quick and easy getting to the lido deck. The wife and I are like y'all we need privacy and quiet. Take the OP's advice and look at the deck plans. Make sure you have a cabin above and below you.

It takes us longer to choose the cabin then it does the ship. We are doing the Freedom this year but looked at the Caribbean Princess also. We chose the Freedom for the most part because their balcony's are completely covered unlike the CB. (Unless of course you get an aft balcony.)

Hint: If you are like us and love to people watch, get to bar in the atrium early on formal nights. They usually have a guy singing at the piano and you can watch all of the women and men "strut their stuff".

• 3 months later...
  • 9 years later...