Time In Port

quiller7

hi

we are taking our first cruise on the NCL Pearl in June. except for Skagway our times in port do not seem conducive to taking any extensive excursions. Ketchikan is listed at 7.5 hrs, Juneau 8 hrs, Victoria 6 hrs. Is that plenty of time?

is it time consuming to get off the boat and return to the boat at these ports?

thanks

From the few cruises I've been on, there is plenty of time for excursions. Of course, I don't know what you'd like to do but my husband and I are doing the typical dogsledding, floatplanes, and in a few of the ports we are doing 2 excursions. Getting on and off the ships has never been a problem for us.

C

I too agree with the previous poster. My husband and I have been able to participate in the excursions of our choice while in ports of call without any issues. The only tricky thing is allowing yourself a little extra time if you book a tour independently. Many of the ships (if in a port where you have to tender to shore) allow passengers whom have booked the cruise's excurisions to disembark first. With the times you listed, you should be able to do anything you want. Enjoy!

Hi:

No problem getting on/off ship UNLESS it is a slow tender operation in those ports where the ship can't get right in to the dock. There is ample time to do excursions. Even if an excursion is late and somewhat close to ship departure time, we were told that (at least with HAL), if you're on one of HAL's excursions, they simply have to get you back onboard prior to departure. We did 2 excursions in skagway, and it was no problem at all.

The port times are determined by the excursions available, so they do work. Most ships are in Skagway for 12-13 hours simply because that's how long it takes to get everyone who wants to go on the train, on one.

Murray

Skagway: there is time for Yukon bus trip or dogsledding or city walk at your leisure tour.

Juneau: Take Capt. Larry's boat the awesome Orca to see humpback and Orca whales. 4-5 hours. http://www.orcaenterprises.com

Go on Capt. Larry's boat...he will find whales, whales and whales. Guaranteed. We have been there three times with him. And it's perfect for the day off of the cruise ship. You can also take the aerial tram to top of Juneau mtn.

Archived