How much is soda?

molaurie

This seems like a silly question, but I'm trying to plan how much extra money I'll need altogether for my upcoming first cruise, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much do they charge for soda(Dawn Princess)? I heard you can purchase a card or something which is good for the whole trip? Thanks!

This seems like a silly question, but I'm trying to plan how much extra money I'll need altogether for my upcoming first cruise, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much do they charge for soda(Dawn Princess)? I heard you can purchase a card or something which is good for the whole trip? Thanks!

yup...you can get a "card" (actually a sticker on your cruise card) for unlimited fountain soda for about $3.95 X the number of days of your cruise, plus 15% grat.

Last time on Princess, it was $1.50 per can.

Enjoy your trip! :cool:

$1.50 is right, i didn't drink much soda either but on Deck all day when then sun burns down on you...

I got so thirsty from now on i always get the Sticker.

happy cruisin':cool:

You can also order the stateroom soda package which is buy a certain amount (sorry don't remember the exact #) get one free. You can also mix and match your soda with that package. You can get the details at princesss.com in the Cruise Answer Book.

I prefer the taste of soda from a can vs the ship's fountain soda. :)

I've only tried a soda card once on a three day coastal repo trip to see if it was cost effective because by the fifth or sixth day of longer cruises I really crave a soda. I found that one really has to drink a lot of soda to break even at a little less than four dollars a day. My wife swears that she has never seen a liter bottle at less than $1.39, but my recollection is that I've seen them for about $1.10. The only way it becomes cost effective is if you share a soda card, which one is not supposed to do.

Archived