Balconies - Aft cabins - AOS

I've been looking for the same information after reading it in a couple of different places. I've got the same level cabin (D1) on AOS 11/12/06.

Would someone with experience in this cabin please describe the balcony?

Thanks for any info!!

We were checking out cabins on deck 6 also, but after seeing photos, opted for a cabin on deck 10. The deck does not end at the edge of the railing, it goes out into a grey area where nobody can walk. I know someone should be able to put the link to the photos here, or just go to webshots.com and enter aft cabin deck 6. There is a great one there that someone took from deck 7 showing the area that I'm talking about.

Hi Tribefan. Thanks for the response. I went to webshots.com and typed aft cabin deck six in the search box. Is this right? I got one pictue of some other ship.

Do you know if there is a view from the balcony or does this area block it? What about the metal railing?

Thanks for your help!!

Does anyone know if I can change my cabin after receiving my docs? Will they send out a new booklet? How would I get my luggage with the wrong tag number? I just don't want to be disappointed with metal railings blocking the view!

My cabin # changed since I received my printed luggage tags. I called RCCL and they told me they don't send out new ones & to mark through the wrong # and put the right #. She also told me they'd issue new ones at check-in. I don't understand this as time you check in - you've already gotten rid of your luggage. I'm gonna mark w/black magic marker and not worry about it.

Has anyone sailed on AOS in a Deck 6 aft (last couple cabins on the side) superior balcony cabin? I've read where Deck 6 balconies have metal railings instead of plexi-glass. Is this so and does it spoil the view?
Here's a pretty good picture to see the difference between the balconies on deck 6 and the other decks.

http://www.shipparade.com/ship_tours/adventure_of_the_seas/Photos/ZDsc20095.jpg

Archived