Mariner 15/10/06 - aaahh! Bears!

Why would there have been women? The "Bears" are all gay men.

Fitz,

A studly guy, is a studly guy! I've admired many men who have not reciprocated...what difference does it make if they are gay or straight? LOL Plus, doesn't everyone LOVE a good challenge? :eek:

I imagine there's a bi-bear or two out there somewhere. :)

hugs!

T

As a general rule, I think that RC tries to avoid managing any type of sexual behavior, no matter the orientation of the participants. A couple of years ago I was on the Majesty for a short cruise. There were a few (about 10) college-age men and women who did not seem to understand what should be shown in public or what was meant for behind closed doors. The group became extremely drunk during the midnight buffet on the pool deck and began throwing water at those eating around the pool. One man had his hands up a woman's skirt and was obviously touching her intimately. Another woman had her top off in the hot tub with a man fondling her breasts as she had her hand down his underwear (he apparently didn't bring his trunks). These "antics" were taking place after midnight so I guess they were deemed acceptable since the under-18 curfew was midnight on that sailing (although that wasn't enforced either).

I personally thought the behavior was disgusting and let the staff around the pool deck know. The reply was she would have to "look into" what could be done. I left but heard from others that the behavior continued. I am a heterosexual and would have found the behavior equally disgusting if the participants were all of the same sex. A little kising is fine, but anything from anyone that becomes PG-13 or R rated activities should be moved to a private cabin.

I have been fortunate to have avoided cruises where there were any large groups. However, I can understand how some people would get upset if some areas of the ship, particularly the Solarium and some bars were set aside for one group. The Solarium is always one of my favorite places onboard because of the "no kids" rule in the pools.

To those poor souls on board the Mariner sailing who have complained and will write letters to Corporate RCI about what occured with the "Bears", please let us know how all this works out and if RCI acts responsibly about your complaints. We just made Diamond last week, but I have cancelled our next cruise until I hear how RCI responds to this. This has ROCKED my faith in RCI to maintain an appropriate atmosphere for my small children. It may be back to the Disney line for us. We had made RCI our exclusive preferred choice for cruising but this has really upset me. I would like to know from those on board if RCI offers you an apology and any type of discount on a future cruise. An apology is mandatory!!!! I'm so sorry that you did not get to enjoy your cruise to its maximum potential. Elizabeth

mojo, I can tell you that I had a thread closed recently and wasn't notified either. And I can quarantee you that my subject matter wasn't near to this one. The mods have to make decissions when tempers start flaring or there are violations. And your thread was only closed, not pulled so it is still available for reading, tho that could also change.

I think you and others that felt your vacation was ruined are better off making your thoughts known directly to headquarters. The same applies to others that would not want to cruise on a ship where a prono movie is being made. I don't care if it's straight or gay movie, I don't want to be on a ship that has that happening.

I thank the OP on both threads for voicing their concerns. I also would like to thank those that gave different and perhaps even opposing views on the same subject.

All points are valid here.

But - just as in the other thread - this has developed from a comment about one concern or topic into political opinions, community guideline opinions, and general flaming of other members and people that were not even connected with this cruise..

Just as the other thread, we will keep this up but the thread will be closed.

Any additional threads started on this topic or decisions made by the Hosts that are based on Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mike

Cruise Critic Host

Archived