Room 5297 aft on Pride

coachbraz

Has anyone stayed in this room or one like this one on the pride, I'm looking to book a cruies in 2008 and want to know some info on this room. The location is on the aft (back) of the ship upper deck. My concern is soot from the stacks. ALL INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THE COACH

NORDIC PRINCE

CARNIVAL SPIRIT

NORWEGIEN SUN

My brother had cabin 5299 on the Pride (next door to yours) when we sailed a couple of years ago and they loved it. I've heard complaints of a little soot before, but I think it depends on if they are using the incinerators and the direction & speed of the wind. He was also worried about vibration that was mentioned in some of the posts, but they didn't have any problems whatsoever and we all enjoyed hanging out on their balcony for drinks just watching the wake.

I was in that exact cabin when the Pride was sailing from Port Canaveral. We loved this cabin, very quiet in that location, self service laundry right across the hall, nicely appointed cabin with a balcony that's about 50% larger than most of those on the sides of the ship; no soot, no vibration, just wonderful views.

the cabin is the same size - if you go to the carnival web site-- click on funships- carnival miracle then state rooms- thats what your cabin will look like

The balconies are nice and bigger comared to certain side ones.

For a bigger balcony then this-- check out 7258 I would grab that one over an aft..

We had 5270 which is two cabins over.

Loved it.

No soot.

Would you like to sleep next to a waterfall? That's what it sounds like.

One thing you have to get used to: on the run back from Cabo they drive her about as fast as she can go. And those ships are very long (yet still narrow enough to pass through the Panama Canal). As a result, you feel the stern "whipsaw" as the ship flexes. Feels like light turbulence on a jet liner. It wasn't bad and it doesn't abate my addiction to aft-facing cabins in the least.

Don't forget to close the door and curtains when you're docked in Mazatlan.

And if you decide you don't want it, I'll take it.

We are similarly addicted to aft cabins. Very tranquil watching the ship's wake slip away... Reminds me of the fantail party deck on the "Big Red Boat" - they had a tiki bar back there and you could smoke a ciger, shoot some skeet, and sit at a bar three feet from the aft rail... <ahhhhh> They truly do not make them like that any more, which is a shame.

We have had five aft cabin sailings, and have had soot exactly one night in all those cruises. So, it happens, but not so often as to ruin the experience. You will also get the occasional piece of paper blowing down from the Lido deck - they feel the wind up there when underway MUCH more than you do facing aft...

Have not had a beer can or drink cup or cigarette butt sail down from above yet, but would not be shocked if it happened. A neighboring balcony did have a bikini top appear on their deck one morning - not sure how THAT happened... but it was fun to speculate about...

We had that cabin booked. I started spacing out when the TA began to tell me I was upgraded, and came back to when I found it was still aft, but moved up to deck 7 (7302).

While the views were great, I didn't like that there is practically no overhang on the balconies on decks 5 through 8. (Luckily, though, we had no rain). Another disappointment was that, although they are considered extended balconies, most of the extra space is lost under the railing due to the practically 45° angle.

I subsequently found that the real good aft cabins are down on deck 4, which have a complete balcony, and the rail is not angled, so it's truly extended. But that time, we ALSO had the wrap balcony, so we weren't counting deck space :D

Be advised it's a bit noisy back there, and there a bit of a motion that you don't get anywhere else.

But it DEFINATELY is a different experience.

Hey coach...sorry we didn't see you on the last cruise.(at the cruise critics'

small get together). I hape you had as good a time as we did.

I've been on the Pride twice (out of Fla and Cali.)... great ship, perhaps my favorite. We had some friends who had the big aft cabin with the wrap around balcony. I got to spend some time in their cabin. I do remember asking them if they had any soot problems, and they didn't. Sound's like Roadpossum is correct, soot problems are dependant on conditions.

Archived