Pool

WALCET

Howdy Walcet!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you so very much for your inquiry concerning the pool on NCL Dawn. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the NCL Forum where it will be on topic. I hope you will be able to find the new location! It is where your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you with NCL questions.

Also, I suggest you read FAQ and Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. Click here for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

Welcome to the NCL board!

Yes, they can use the pool the first day out. When we were on the Dawn this past June, both the main pool and the Kids pool were open and had people in them as early as 3:00 p.m. on the day of sailing!

The kids pool area on the back of the ship is excellent. Our kids loved it.

Please note that children must be potty trained and no swim diapers are allowed in the pools. (you didn't mention your grandkids ages.)

Sailing on NCL Dawn next June with grandchildren. Will they be able to use the pool the day we leave or have to wait until the next day??

The pools are open the first day both before and after the lifeboat drill.

I had to answer this one because we just returned from the Dawn on Sunday. The day we left (10/15), it was about 50 or so degrees and when we were browsing the ship and passed by the pool, there was someone in the pool and people in the jacuzzi taking pictures of each other. This was even before we left port! They were really eager to ge their vacation started and who could blame them???? :D There will be no problem using the adults' pool or the kids' pool your first day.

Have a wonderful time!

:) Thanks to all who took the time to answer my question. I have not been on a cruise since 2002 and don't ever recall seeing the pool open the day the ship leaves port. The grandkids will certainly enjoy it. The youngest is 7 and the oldest will be 18 by then. And from what I hear, the pool gets crowded so this may be the best day to use it. :)

I was on the Celebirty Century two years ago and the pools were open the first day. They have to have the pools open because some people are not disembarking and they're on the ship for more than a week. People were in the pool swimming when I was walking by the pool, while checking out the decks.

Archived