***Live from the Jewel 10/26***

dzboss1

The disembarkation was painless, I was at work close to 8am. We did the express check out.

We are thinking of trying Celebrity on our next cruise since our new Diamond Status will make us Elite members on Celebrity.

Great Pictures Denise, enjoyed meeting you and your lovely family.

Alex

I forgot to mention, our cellphones, Cingular and Sprint had signals at sea. I inquired and they just put a new cellphone service in place. My roaming charges were $2.99 a minute on Sprint. Wierd having a cellphone that works at sea.

Alex

Great review, Phoenixcruiser!

I am happy to hear all your family members had a great time, ate well, won some money and everyone enjoyed just being together! Good or bad seas and weather your family will cruise again! ;)

I knew you would enjoy the Radiance class ships.....you know there are 4 in the class.....so get booking!! :D :D

I had such a wonderful time last week on the Jewel from Boston to Bermuda. My sister Heather & I booked the trip 3 days before departure and didnt have alot of time anticipating but boy what a great time we had. We were in cabin 9212 and had some great neighbors all around. The first night we met up with the "Gather" group in the champagne bar and met some great people. A big Hello to cabin 9054, Walshy, Mike & Phil if you guys are out there, also Bob, Debbie & Joan from 1058, Mike from Colorado and Jason and Tom from Boston- it was great meeting all of you.

The ship was wonderful, the food and service exceptional, our head waiter in the Tides was Anna, she is a blast! We closed the Vortex nightclub every night/morning and enjoyed the solarium, hot tub & spa on board. I highly recommend a massage from Imelda if you can book with her.

When in Bermuda we went to Horseshoe Bay and Elbow beach, both really beautiful. I loved just about every minute of this vacation and still have the smile on my face & wobbly legs to prove it. Life is good. :)

lam ~~~ hi lam!! I actually joined Gather about 2 months before we sailed. I met a great lady from there, Julie, at the group meeting in the Windjammer at 3:30 on the first day. Unfortunately, I never ran into her again. I don't know Bob Debbie and Joan, but I was in the room right next door to them. I was the one with the decorated door. My legs are no longer wobbly, but I agree, that smile is still there too.

The dizziness has finally subsided. I am ready for another!! How the heck am I going to wait till next July!!!!!????

Simple. Book another cruise. How does the Jewel sound next February? We'd love to have you join us.

Simple. Book another cruise. How does the Jewel sound next February? We'd love to have you join us.

Oh as much as I would love to join you (I see your postings alot...hi, nice to meet you!!), I have my cruises for next year all 2007 booked...

the one nighter on the Dawn May 4th

9 days on the Explorer July 20th

4 days on the QM2 August 31st

12 days Explorer Dec 23th

But thank you for the welcome and invite!!!!:D

My favorite post on these forums are the live ones and the post cruise reviews. Thank you for sharing your experiences and letting us be part of your vacation. I feel like I need to pay for part of the trip, lol :p

You're welcome. It has a been a pleasure sharing this terrific ship with everyone!!!!!

Have just read and enjoyed all the postings on this new thread. Thanks, Denice! Great pictures, I've put a few to disc. I'm still a little dizzy, even though the rough sea doesn't bother me much during the curise. This ship seems to be better than a lot of others. By the way, Denice, there actually is a bar in the Safari--it's aft near the windows and is a large square bar. I will keep checking this thread in case you put in more of your wonderful pictures.

Here's a few other notes to others who have posted here: MACOP: We knew the couple who were in 9256 and went there for the Bermuda Departure. It was great--sort of "Bermuda in your rear view mirror!" Cruisinggrandma: There was a younger woman and young child (or children?) with Captain Thor. We thought it was his wife and children, but perhaps it was the daughter that you've met? Stitches 2: The easiest place to find the oatmeal cookies is in the windjammer (both sides) near the rear doors where the fruit is. I like mine really chewy and these were firmer but delicious. Leafpeeper: Are you Mary G. who we met last year at the cookout in Stoughton before the cruise? If so, I want to let you know that I will definitely e-mail again soon. I had hoped you would be coming up "north" this summer or fall, but hadn't heard from you. Cruisingator2: I understand you can ask for egg crate mattresses for your beds, but you need to do it asap as they go fast. I haven't tried this before, but may on our next cruise. Alex: I heard a lot of compaints about VO on the ship. While we are not really complainers, I would say we will not book with VO again. Jeremy: Am glad you enjoyed Union O.H. I believe it was close to where you were staying after the cruise. Actually, it's a very very short walk from there to the Legal Seafoods on Long Wharf where you ate before the cruise!

And one last note to anyone cruising out of Boston in colder weather: We stuck it out on deck for a while when leaving Boston, but soon discovered how nice it was to sit on the starboard side in the Vortex lounge with a drink and watch the harbor islands go by.

Susan M.;)

Oh Susan so good to hear from you!! There was a bar there???? Hmmmmm. I never saw people over there. Guess I didn't go in deep enough to see. I am finally over the dizziness...thank goodness!! I have a nice pic of you and cityfolk and hubby but don't want to post it or anyone else's without permission.

Thanks Susan for the heads up on where I can get those oatmeal cookies... I can't wait! Mojitos and cookies... yum-o! :)

Denice... I can''t thank you enough for your pictures and allowing us to cruise with you (and for taking such good care of our Jewel)! Next Sunday (the 12th) can't get here soon enough for me!! Your pictures and your live reviews were simply wonderful. :)

To everyone else who added their post-reviews... thank you so much! It has been so much fun to check in here and sail with you. :D

ETA: Denice... OMG your picture of the elevators (GORGEOUS!). Tell me please... if you are caught standing there staring at the elevators, drooling and holding cookies, do they make you move? lol

Denice--Enjoyed your posting of more pictures. Will have to check again on Monday when I'm back at work (computer at home still broken down). Would love to see the pic of cityfolk (Elaine from Somerville, but I don't have any more info than that) and her hubby. If you don't want to put it here, maybe you could e-mail it to me (susanmaple at juno dot com). I usually look pretty bad in pictures, not photogenic at all.

It's hard being back to work, but at least I am by myself and that makes it easier. More later. Susan M.

Hi Patty,

I didn't resize them to load on to photobucket, or to copy to here. They just end up this size by itself, which is good, because I wouldn't have a clue how to fix it either. The exact size they appear in photobucket, is the same size that transfers here. You aren't enlarging the picture by clicking on it before you send it are you??

Yes--you can hear music from the Centrium in the cabin--but unless you go to bed at 10 PM--it is not an issue. Besides-it is usually "Strings".

Bathroom is a shower capsule--not the curtain. /QUOTE]

On port days we probably hit the sack around 11:00.... will music be an issue by then????

Also, I give up -- what's a shower capsule??

Thanks Susan for the heads up on where I can get those oatmeal cookies... I can't wait! Mojitos and cookies... yum-o! :)

Denice... I can''t thank you enough for your pictures and allowing us to cruise with you (and for taking such good care of our Jewel)! Next Sunday (the 12th) can't get here soon enough for me!! Your pictures and your live reviews were simply wonderful. :)

To everyone else who added their post-reviews... thank you so much! It has been so much fun to check in here and sail with you. :D

ETA: Denice... OMG your picture of the elevators (GORGEOUS!). Tell me please... if you are caught standing there staring at the elevators, drooling and holding cookies, do they make you move? lol

Nah, they'll just ask if you want a drink to add to the experience.;)

Archived