Scrapbook Question

Hi--I am sailing on Enchantment of the Seas next week! yeah!

I have heard that there are various scrapbook products and classes available on some of the Royal Caribbean cruises. Does anyone know if there are any on Enchantment of the Seas and if so, any details?? Thanks!!

Kim

I haven't been to one, but I've read about them on these boards.

If you are an experienced scrapbooker, you may be in for a bit of a disappointment. From what I've read, the materials are not real great and there is a limited supply. It's really intended for the beginner level.

However, I think it still may be a fun thing to do, as long as you don't expect a whole lot. I'm not sure if they provide any logo materials for you to scrapbook with, that's about all I would want out of this type of class.

Check the photo shop onboard for scrapping supplies. On Grandeur this summer they had a packet you could buy. I didn't pay that much attention since I usually do digital scrapping. There were also postcard size photos of the ship and other photos related to the cruise that you might want to use for scrapping your trip.

I attended one of the scrapbook classes on Mariner in September. As Happy mentioned, it was quite rudimentary. We received a packet for a single page, with different pieces of paper and die cuts. They had pens, glue, punches, different types of scissors, and many kinds of paper available.

I have not scrapbooked very much, so I learned a few things. But it was quite basic.

The photo shop on the ship sells kits with sheets, stickers, etc., and if you are an experienced scrapper, that may be more up your alley. However, if you are new or just want to spend time with people who enjoy crafts, then it is fun to attend the class. The ones on Mariner were jam packed.

I am scrapbook mad and teach it also. I wonder if they have this on the Navigator. I guess if it is for beginners it will be no good for me but it will be nice if they have some things you can buy which are relevenat to the cruise, I think it will take me a year to do a scrapbook of the cruise as I plan to take sooooooo many pictures.

If you really like to scrapbook, be sure to save your compass pages. I use the pages (in part or in whole) for our Cruise photo albums.

Other pages as well (Shopping maps, flyers, etc) are also helpful. One of my best pages from our first cruise includes the "welcome aboard" page and a REALLY great picture of us as we get on board. We also added some pics of us in our lifejackets and sailaway party.

(Now I can't wait until our next cruise.. sigh...)

Enjoy!:)

On the Grandeur this summer they had several scrapbooking sessions and also sold a "kit" in the photo shop. Since the sessions are run by the Cruise Directors staff they basically gave us our gear and left us alone. One very experienced scrapbooker helped us very much so if you have done this before, go anyway - you may be able to help others.

If you really like to scrapbook, be sure to save your compass pages. I use the pages (in part or in whole) for our Cruise photo albums.

Other pages as well (Shopping maps, flyers, etc) are also helpful. One of my best pages from our first cruise includes the "welcome aboard" page and a REALLY great picture of us as we get on board. We also added some pics of us in our lifejackets and sailaway party.

(Now I can't wait until our next cruise.. sigh...)

Enjoy!:)

Are the Compass pages acid and lignin free? I tried the one's on Carnival and they were not suitable for scrapbooking.

I am so excited that there is a scrapbooking package on board that I can purchase. I hope they have some RCI Logo stuff.

On the Grandeur this summer they had several scrapbooking sessions and also sold a "kit" in the photo shop. Since the sessions are run by the Cruise Directors staff they basically gave us our gear and left us alone. One very experienced scrapbooker helped us very much so if you have done this before, go anyway - you may be able to help others.

What a great idea :)

Simply addicted, I've used stuff that wasn't acid free in all my scrapbooks and years later, they are still fine. I think that if you use the right paper, glues, tape and such you should not worry too much about the other stuff. I'd much rather have the logos, menus, newsletters, brochures etc... in there than not.

Kady

I too will be on Navigator in January. I have seen from past compasses that they do offer a scrapbooking class. From the rest of the posts it sounds like they sell some supplies which I would be interested in. Don't think I'll be going to the class, don't want to be disappointed. I like the idea of saving the compasses and using them, now that could be cute! The scrapbooking wheels are already turning.;)

I make copies of the brouchures and ship daily letter on Photo stock. Then I know it won't fade or hurt my pages later. Sometimes I reduce them or just copy sections. It takes time but looks nice too. You can always put the originals in your scrap book in a pocket and pull those out to look at as the years go by.

When I scrap my cruises the compasses just go in their own sleeve.. so I don't worry if they are acid free as the sleeve should protect photos on other pages. I also put our sea passes in the book. And when I win bingo, I add the winning sheet along with the receipt for the pack. If I remember to, I also write each night what we did that day so I can add it to my book for each day. And if you don't want to use the original photos from the photographers just remember to go the company's website to get the release so your copies are legit.

Megan, There is a spray that I use that neutralizes the acid in the pages so you can use them in a scrapbook. It is kinda pricey, but is an absolute must for any scrapbooker. It is sold at most craft stores and almost all scrapbook stores.

was jsut on the freedom & they had 3 classes. Just the basic stuff & the staff handed out supplies and left us to it. I did not see any supplies in the photo shopor gift shop fo sale to scrapbook. Boy RCI is missing a chance to make some money here! It was still fun & they at least had the tools & supplies to do it so like some one said if you like to SB go and maybe show a newbie how. it's fun to say I sb at sea!

Debbie

Just got off RCI Navigator a few weeks ago and while onboard I purchased the Scrapbooking Kit as well as the matching Scrapbook! :D The kit is geared towards RCI with stickers showing the logo's as well as photo stickers of the dining room and other areas of the ship. It also came with die cuts that say the name of all the ports they visit. I am guessing that this kit is RCI wide. I bought both in the photo shop, they had them in the display cases, the book was $29.95 and the kit was $24.95 I believe. Maybe a little pricey but since photos are a huge part of my life, thats what I choose for my souvinere. I don't buy alot of other junk except maybe a T-shirt or some Jewelry! He has no place to argue!!! :p

If you go to the Cruise Memorbelia Forum you will find more info on scrapbooking. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

I personally didn't go to the classes, but I believe there were 3 during our trip. All were in the morning and since Im not a morning person and value my sleep....I skipped them! ;)

On our recent Rhapsody cruise I attended 3 of the scrapbook classes. They gave out 'pre-made kits' at each class. The kit consisted of several sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and several die cuts. Then they supplied some punches, decorative edge scissors & crimping presses with plenty of scrap cardstock to play with and make some of your own creations. Didn't seem to have a lot of time blocked out for the classes to really accomplish much while there anyway. So I just mainly showed up to get the kit and brought it home to add into my supplies here.

Some of the die cuts are really cute. Nothing that is brand specific. But one day we got one of a cruise ship, luggage, anchor & the words Vacation & Cruise. Another day we got palm trees, film strip, camera & the word Adventure. You get the idea.

As for the Cruise Compass, don't forget that they have extra copies up by the Purser's Desk. That way you can still use your highlighter and tear off the schedule and still have a pristine copy to save for the scrapbook.

Megan, There is a spray that I use that neutralizes the acid in the pages so you can use them in a scrapbook. It is kinda pricey, but is an absolute must for any scrapbooker. It is sold at most craft stores and almost all scrapbook stores.

Thanks, Micki Dee! I will definetly have to invest in some of that!

I was recentlly om Navigator and they did scrapbooking classes on 2 days. I know it was in the morning like 8 or 9am. I did not attend, so I could not offer any help there. I did however purchase the "scrapbooking kit". It is sold at the same counters you purchase you photos at. The kit was $24.95 and worht every penny. There were 10-12 pages, 2-3 sheets of die cuts, many little decorative cutouts, and 3 pages of stickers. There are some RCCL logo items in the kit. It worked very well to contribute to a beautiful vacation scrapbook. I even purchased a scrapbook in St. Maarten.

I was recentlly om Navigator and they did scrapbooking classes on 2 days. I know it was in the morning like 8 or 9am. I did not attend, so I could not offer any help there. I did however purchase the "scrapbooking kit". It is sold at the same counters you purchase you photos at. The kit was $24.95 and worht every penny. There were 10-12 pages, 2-3 sheets of die cuts, many little decorative cutouts, and 3 pages of stickers. There are some RCCL logo items in the kit. It worked very well to contribute to a beautiful vacation scrapbook. I even purchased a scrapbook in St. Maarten.

Krystal, I got the same kit, but you missed seeing the matching scrapbook they had for sale....I happened to catch it out of the corner of my eye the 2nd to last night! Sooo glad I did! I find it odd that they don't try to sell more of these and put them where you can see them!

Oh sorry I did see the scrapbook, I think it was $35, but I got a really cute one from St. Maarten for $20 and I liked it better. :D I was suprised to see them both on the ship and in in the port, but they were readily available on our sailing. they were laid out and displyed on the counters where you pay for your pictures. There were also a couple of small signs throughout the photo gallery area. But the signs, kits, and books are still easy to miss. I agree, they should make them more promanant (sp?).

On our Grandeur cruise in September they brought the kids down to the scrapbooking classes. I know they sold a lot of them there but then saw them up at the photo shop. I had originally asked in the gift shop and the saleslady knew nothing about them.

I had originally asked in the gift shop and the saleslady knew nothing about them.

Funny you say that! On the last night before we left, I went down to the photo shop to pick our our last pics and get the scrapbook. I was all excited. I only saw the one in their showcase and none anywhere else. They were still advertising them for sale so I told the guy at the counter I wanted one. He acted like he had no idea they existed. :eek: So he asked another gal there about them, and she said they were all sold out. (they only looked in their cabinets behind the desk) so then (being the persistent one that I am) .... I said "well, I will buy your display one" So the girl, then goes and finds someone else, that person goes in their back storage area and Low-and-Behold comes out with a scrapbook!!!! I just couldn't get over the lack of customer service....none of them wanted to make a sale I guess! Arrrgh. It wasn't the first time the photo shop lied to me, so take that for whats it worth. They are a separate company from the ship so maybe are not as driven to make a sale. Not sure.

Archived