5:05AM Arrival !! How Do We Get to Hotel?

HollyK

We are arriving at this (5:05AM) dreadful hour on our ATN flight to PPT. We will be staying that night at the IC Beachcomber before boarding TP the next day. I've read remarks re: no cabs at the airport at that hour. Yikes! Don't imagine I'll feel like hiking to the hotel after multi hours on an aircraft - ya know?? Is it reasonable to expect IC Beachcomber to pick us up at the airport in PPT? If not, and if the *no cabs* story is true, should I arrange for alternative transportation? If so, does anyone have suggestions/positive experiences to relate?

Your thots much appreciated,

Hi I have been told by my hotel that a local company called marama tours is available --I get in at 3:30am for about $10 each person,also there are cabs there according to threads I have read because everyone going there arrives in the middle of the night. Good luck!

We arrived at 2.30am and I had organized beforehand with our hotel (Le Meridien) to send a car to pick us up. They were there waiting for us and when we left to go home, the same thing happened in reverse. The car was waiting to take us to the airport at 3.30am for the 5.45am flight home.

It was great knowing we didn't have to look for a taxi at that time of night. Also Papeete's airport is very small and we didn't see any taxis when we arrived. It is a typical South Seas airport with no air conditioning etc. not a modern city airport.

Jennie

Thanks a bunch to each of you! I've seen varying reports on this issue - lots of taxis/no taxis/expensive rates at that time of night/rates on posted on a board . . . and like that.

Although one would think there would be plenty of taxis to handle the flight passengers deplaning, I'd prefer not to have to handle *situations* after 8 hours in the air. Soooo . . . I'll take your wise advice & ensure I pre-arrange transpo.

TYAVM :)

Archived