Have you ever taken the RCI .....

MD VBMom

Looking for anyone with info to share on the RCI excurison in Montego Bay, 'Catamaran Sail, Snorkel and Beach'. The RCI website gives very little info. I'm having a hard time finding something for me, DH and 2 DD (ages 11, 9) to do in Montego Bay. I don't want to travel far from the ship, so Dunn's River is out. Ideally, a RCI excursion is what we want. Thanks for your help! :)

We're doing an early morning horseback ride along the beach!

4 hours on a bus to see a waterfall is too much for us too! After the horseback riding, we'll have plenty of time to check out the town and beaches around Montego Bay....or just get back on the ship and relax!

HAVE FUN!

:)

We're doing an early morning horseback ride along the beach!

4 hours on a bus to see a waterfall is too much for us too! After the horseback riding, we'll have plenty of time to check out the town and beaches around Montego Bay....or just get back on the ship and relax!

HAVE FUN!

Just so you are aware you don't just "see" a waterfall you actually walk UP it and it is really fun. The kids would probably love it. Though the horseback riding sounds fun also!

Sue

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been to Dunn's Falls, though it's been years. It was great fun.....but we don't want to spend that much time on a bus ride. My DD's are not comfortable with horseback riding. My youngest DD is not much on sight-seeing......so, I'm not sure how we will spend the day. Still open for info on the 'catamaran, snorkel and beach' excurision though.....and/or more excursion suggestions. :)

Just so you are aware you don't just "see" a waterfall you actually walk UP it and it is really fun. The kids would probably love it. Though the horseback riding sounds fun also!

Sue

Thanks SUE!

I was aware of that and I would definitely be the first one in line to climb Dunns River Falls..... IF I was in Ocho Rios and not Montego Bay for the first time!

I just didn't want to spend half my time in port on a bus going to and from. It sounds like a great excursion for another cruise though!

Besides, I live down the street from Niagara Falls and can get my fill of water any time! HAHA!

Hi,

We just returned from MoBay. We used Native Way and had Mark as our tour guide. Gave us an amazing city/country side tour. He also took us to the markets to do some shopping. We felt really safe with him. Mark suggested we go to YS falls. Its only an hour and a half from the ship. We didn't go but I've heard the trip is well worth it.

Have fun!

Stephanie

I did not do the RCCL excursion but instead booked the same excursion through shoretrips (.com). It was awesome! My experience may be different than cruisers that have booked this excursion through RCCL though because booking it through an independent contractor makes it a much more relaxed atmosphere (ie: we weren't forced to wear life preservers for snorkling nor did we have to have the snorkling instructions) and because there were only 6 cruisers plus 8 crew on a 65 foot catamaran, but the excursion was well worth it! It was the best excursion we had on our cruise.

Hope this helps!

KateO

Archived