Referal fee of $25 denied

canuck1946

I referred 5 people so was entitled to $125.00. My TA kept the money apparently. My final payment amount did not change and I thought Princess had messed up but I contacted them and they finally sent me a copy of the paperwork to prove the reduction was applied to my final payment because I could not understand why I did not get the reduction. I did get the reduction, but my TA kept it. She never responded to my attempts at contact (email and phone)....too busy so I hear.

When she did not return my calls or reply to my emails, I booked another cruise for next september for my husband and I and one couple that we referred last year. I booked the cruise through Princess like I always do. When it get's closer to the cruise date, or at least into next year, I will transfer the booking to a new TA that I heard of on this board back in the days when we could speak of such things. I have already contacted the new TA to introduce myself, let her know how I heard about her and that at some point, I will be transferring at least our booking to her. She has probably forgotten all about me since that time, but I will remind her when I start Planning our Cruises.:)

Well said pamwinn and Eddie4paws! Too bad we can't speak of our good TA's on this board and share positive information like that. We have a great TA that we have had good luck with and I can't even share that information with anyone, even though they pay to advertise on this board. I had my last post yanked because I mentioned I had a TA that would not take advantage of my credits and has always worked hard to make sure we get what is due to us. Why can we talk about Good and Bad hotels and good and bad cruises but not good and bad TA's? I never post anything negative, no matter how I feel but still get my post taken off because of a positive post about my TA?????Just doesn't make much sense to me IMO, especially since I didn't even mention any names. :confused:

I guess my past business of 9 previous Princess cruises and the upcoming one with another couple are insignificant when you talk about saving the company $25.

Customer: "Princess are rotten. I'm going with Holland America next time"

Carnival Corp: "ha ha ha (evil laugh) because we still get their money"

Customer: "Then I will go with Cunard"

Carnival Corp: "ha ha etc"

Customer: "That's it. I'm going with P&O"

Customer: "That's it. I'm going with Celebrity"

Carnival Corp: "Ha ha ha, we are buying them next year!!"

When you have a monopoly, who cares about customer service?

I guess my past business of 9 previous Princess cruises and the upcoming one with another couple are insignificant when you talk about saving the company $25.

Thanks all for your comments but it will come back on them.

You are definitely free to switch lines but if you have compared cruise prices lately - Princess is significantly less on most Caribbean itinieraries compare to Celebrity, RCCL and HAL. You may end up paying hundreds more just because you were unhappy about the $25 referral credit. I would definitely look at the whole picture with prices.

Wow, this is one active board. First of all in defense of the moderator there was a post that has since been removed that was recommending their travel agent if I contact them so we can cool down on that one.

As for the proof I do have a screen print of my circle account identifying the person I referred but it appears to have been misplaced on the Princess records!!! Go figure. The gentleman in question was my boss but just retired so no longer available.

I think my best course of action and to avoid higher blood pressure than I already have is to take the screen print and all the info on board and present it to the futurre cruise agent of the Captain's Circle representative in person. That way I simply don't take out another future cruise booking until they fulfill their obligation.

Thanks all for your comments but it will come back on them.

I would forget about taking the stuff on the cruise and talking to the F.C. person. Call and talk directly with a Captains Circle Rep at Princess. We did a referral (when they first came out) and thought it was suppose to be a shipboard credit. Brought the paper with me and then read it again and realized it was a cruise credit(taken off of the cruise price that we paid T.A.) We had not mentioned this to the T.A. at the time of booking since we thought it was a shipboard credit. After the cruise I contacted Princess and they said we did indeed have the credits. They said it showed that we were overpaid on that cruise by $25 each. Told us to contact the T.A. and have her call Princess to get a refund. Had to explain to the T.A. what to do and then she called Princess. Within the week $50 credit turned up on our Credit Card Account.

So ask questions and find out why you are not entitled to the referral cruise credit. And cruise credits are not suppose to go to the T.A. It is suppose to be taken off the agreed upon price with the T.A. or Princess.

Customer: "Princess are rotten. I'm going with Holland America next time"

Carnival Corp: "ha ha ha (evil laugh) because we still get their money"

Customer: "Then I will go with Cunard"

Customer: "That's it. I'm going with P&O"

Customer: "That's it. I'm going with Celebrity"

Carnival Corp: "Ha ha ha, we are buying them next year!!"

When you have a monopoly, who cares about customer service?

I applaud you!!!!!:D

Archived