El Yunque Rain Forest Day Hike

GMoney

I have a feeling I wont get many responses, but has anyone done this excursion? I'm sailing on the HAL Noordam 12/16, and am looking for something different to do in PR. I'm already hiking in Dominica, and might as well do another, since I'll have the gear.

A special note for all lof you who are planning to visit Puerto Rico in December and will like to join as volunteers for Christmas Bird Counts:

• December 15 - San Juan*
  • December 16 - Caño Tiburones*
  • December 16 - Culebra Island
  • December 17 - Fajardo, El Yunque, Ceiba Forest*
  • December 23 - Maricao & Susúa Forests
  • December 30 - Cabo Rojo*
  • January 13, 2007 - Vieques Island

*Official Audubon Society CBC´s.

When you join as a volunteer you go to places where general public usually don´t go.

Hello GMoney, yes, the rain forest is one of the most popolar tours on the island. Everyday buses from all the hotels and cruise ship gothere.

You should not find a problem making a reservation for a regular group tour .

For a private or other group tour combination or even going on your own, check out www.***** click on sightseeing and then expert.

I went on this tour. A few years back. At that time the hike was of course on a well travel path, The hile we stop at certain spots along the way where the tour guide pointed out cartain things either on the plant life or animal life It was not a hard hike, at least not for me. I was pleasaed when it started to rain, and was surpised when someone actually complained that it was raining. hmm, the place is called a RAIN forrest,

I am glad that I went. If I a remeber there was a pavillon that we went through, also that had display about the rain forrest,

I can only compare it to the diamond head hike which was much harded for me. Although I did finish the Diamond Head Hike.

Archived