Clothing Observations on 9 day Caribbean..part 2!!

sgttami

In September I posted clothing observations on my 9/3 Bermuda cruise (5 day) and said that I would "report" on this cruise also. Here goes...****WARNING...This is my opinion only...and my observations are not intended to intimidate or incriminate in any way!!!

RCI..Explorer of the Seas..10/20 -29

First, I wore black velvet on the first formal night 10/21( gasp in horror!!) leaving from NJ..long black skirt, tank top, and velvet, nylon shawl...hubby wore tux (he was miserable, I was comfortable!!) It was quite cool on this night so I didn't feel weird wearing velvet. Second formal night, (Leaving the Caribbean) hubby wore his suit, I wore a plain black long gown.

Some sights: aqua dress(very pretty dress on a pretty girl), black fishnets, white shoes...HELLO....where did this go wrong????

The RED lady: Red sequin dress, knee length, red hose and red sequin shoes...couldn't help thinking..."click your heels Dorothy, there's no place like home!"

The Mermaid...green/aqua gown, skin tight, strapless and the gal was barefoot! Could have been a great dress/ensemble with the right touch! Looked like she literally came up out of the ocean floor!!! (Think, Splash!)

Maui Man..(my husband named him)..wore a flowered bathing trunk with matching button down shirt, white socks and sandals, every day. He took an outside shower by the pool in the entire outfit every time we saw him.

The Clone family...we saw them several times on the cruise. They "matched" bathing attire, and casual and formal outfits by the day...2 parents, 2 kids. In their defense, they were all good looking and photogenic and their casual portraits that were displayed could have been award winning.. Good looking or not, I think they got carried away with coordinating outfits!

Overall, the majority of passengers dressed in the suggested attire for each night. I actually thought that there were a lot more "dressed" than in previous cruises...

At any rate, it was fun observing. No slam-bashing. Just a description of "what we saw'.....and what we "wouldn't' wear!!

In September I posted clothing observations on my 9/3 Bermuda cruise (5 day) and said that I would "report" on this cruise also. Here goes...****WARNING...This is my opinion only...and my observations are not intended to intimidate or incriminate in any way!!!

RCI..Explorer of the Seas..10/20 -29

First, I wore black velvet on the first formal night 10/21( gasp in horror!!) leaving from NJ..long black skirt, tank top, and velvet, nylon shawl...hubby wore tux (he was miserable, I was comfortable!!) It was quite cool on this night so I didn't feel weird wearing velvet. Second formal night, (Leaving the Caribbean) hubby wore his suit, I wore a plain black long gown.

Some sights: aqua dress(very pretty dress on a pretty girl), black fishnets, white shoes...HELLO....where did this go wrong????

The RED lady: Red sequin dress, knee length, red hose and red sequin shoes...couldn't help thinking..."click your heels Dorothy, there's no place like home!"

The Mermaid...green/aqua gown, skin tight, strapless and the gal was barefoot! Could have been a great dress/ensemble with the right touch! Looked like she literally came up out of the ocean floor!!! (Think, Splash!)

Maui Man..(my husband named him)..wore a flowered bathing trunk with matching button down shirt, white socks and sandals, every day. He took an outside shower by the pool in the entire outfit every time we saw him.

The Clone family...we saw them several times on the cruise. They "matched" bathing attire, and casual and formal outfits by the day...2 parents, 2 kids. In their defense, they were all good looking and photogenic and their casual portraits that were displayed could have been award winning.. Good looking or not, I think they got carried away with coordinating outfits!

Overall, the majority of passengers dressed in the suggested attire for each night. I actually thought that there were a lot more "dressed" than in previous cruises...

At any rate, it was fun observing. No slam-bashing. Just a description of "what we saw'.....and what we "wouldn't' wear!!

Welcome home, I hope you had a fantastic time and thank you for that lovely post. Had a couple of cuckles too!! Really a very nice post and a pleasure to read.

It is just so amazing the way some people dress on a cruise..!!

There was another guy who wore his RCI robe to breakfast one morning and that was it...nothing underneath! I just don't know if I could eat breakfast in my robe only amidst 3000 strangers.

I'm not completely certain but I think it was the same guy we saw on Orient Beach strutting naked by the shoreline wearing nothing but his backpack!!

I absolutely love to see interesting people such as this :) Especially because I would never dare to do any of what was mentioned, except maybe as a costume for a Halloween party.

The world would be a boring place if we all dressed alike!

Archived