BUENOS AIRES - Which Tango show?

arlenemilt

Arlene, that is correct, but the prices are quoted in Argentinian pesos.

200$ = 72 US$$ at today's rate.

For quick conversion, go to we.com!!

MC

I thought that was a bit steep. Much better your way. :) Do you know whether there's a possibility of advance booking and seat guarantee? And can you give this picky eater an idea of the dinner? Thanks

Arlene

Booked it! That's one thing I don't need to think about. The web site didn't ask for a deposit which surprised me; then again, they didn't give me written confirmation either. Site says I will receive an email. Hope so.

Arlene

Arlene:

When we booked a while ago, I did receive an email from them to confirm the day. They also said they would pick us up and drive us back to our hotel - included in the price. All they asked was that if we change our mind to call them so that they don't send a driver for nothing.

I'm also looking forward to this!!

Lucky you... I think you'll be there before us...!!

MC

Arlene:

When we booked a while ago, I did receive an email from them to confirm the day. They also said they would pick us up and drive us back to our hotel - included in the price. All they asked was that if we change our mind to call them so that they don't send a driver for nothing.

I'm also looking forward to this!!

Lucky you... I think you'll be there before us...!!

MC

Didn't you say you were going in February? We won't be there until March 6th.

Arlene

Just returned (two days ago) from our SA cruise.........

We did NOT get to do the Tango Show because you come back to the ship at midnight, so please keep your next day's schedule in mind if you decide to go.

Also noticed that arrangements are available outside of pier for $70 pp (show only)

Just returned (two days ago) from our SA cruise.........

We did NOT get to do the Tango Show because you come back to the ship at midnight, so please keep your next day's schedule in mind if you decide to go.

Also noticed that arrangements are available outside of pier for $70 pp (show only)

No problem with time at this end. We're flying into BA and spending two days there before boarding the Golden on March 8th. Since we need to eat anyway, might as well book the show with dinner.

Arlene

No, I didn't get any response but I'm assuming it's made. If not, there are many shows, I bet you could ask any taxi driver to take you to a good one. It's just always easier when you know where you are going. I'm not all that adventuous in far away places.

According to a map, it looks as if our hotel is walking distance from this theater. And you're right; if they don't have the res we'll go somewhere else.

Arlene

Arlene and attagirl:

After making the reservation online, I received a confirmation email with the dates, hotel name and also a res number. This the person who answered me back with her coordinates. Hope this help!

Candela Prestia

Central de Reserva

Piazzolla Tango

Tel. 4344-8201/02

reservas1@piazzollatango.com

mailto:reservas1@piazzollatango.com>

http://www.piazzollatango.com <http://www.piazzollatango.com>

MC

We are staying at the San Martin Plaza suites. I had reservations at the Claridge also and decided on the Plaza San Martin, slightly cheaper and a whole suite with a breakfast. I booked our tango dinner show through Turismo Mundo, $75 pp including a driver to and from but don't know which show it will be. I thought it was a good price since it included the driver, dinner and show. Hope the show is good. This is for Sat. Night Feb. 10. We arrive in B.A. the morning of Friday, Feb. 9 and may do something that night if not too weary from long travel night. Hope to meet up with you all on the ship. If we miss the gathering, we are in cabin L235. I am still researching port tours. I had made some res. for Princess tours but am finding that there are cheaper, better ones to be had.

We are staying at the San Martin Plaza suites. I had reservations at the Claridge also and decided on the Plaza San Martin, slightly cheaper and a whole suite with a breakfast. I booked our tango dinner show through Turismo Mundo, $75 pp including a driver to and from but don't know which show it will be. I thought it was a good price since it included the driver, dinner and show. Hope the show is good. This is for Sat. Night Feb. 10. We arrive in B.A. the morning of Friday, Feb. 9 and may do something that night if not too weary from long travel night. Hope to meet up with you all on the ship. If we miss the gathering, we are in cabin L235. I am still researching port tours. I had made some res. for Princess tours but am finding that there are cheaper, better ones to be had.

Kitty.........inasmuch as this is not a roll call, we are all on different cruises. I board the Golden on March 8th; Marie is on some time in Feb. Attagirl didn't say. I'm going to be anxiously awaiting to hear from you February cruisers what to anticipate and if I should keep the Piazzolla reservation.

Arlene

Thank you Marie-Claude for the email address I sent a note checking on the reservation. I am on Celebrity's cruise the 28th of january. Very soon! !!!! I will try to let you know if I get to Piazzolla and let you know what I thought. Or whatever else comes to be. I am getting excited about the trip and just a bit nervous. I've been to Buenos Aires, but it's been so long (let's see; 23 years!) and I don't remember Tango shows being popular. Again thanks for the help..

Thank you Marie-Claude for the email address I sent a note checking on the reservation. I am on Celebrity's cruise the 28th of january. Very soon! !!!! I will try to let you know if I get to Piazzolla and let you know what I thought. Or whatever else comes to be.

Lucky you... you're leaving in 3 days... We'll all be waiting to hear from your experience... make sure to come and tell us about Tango and all the other great things you'll have done!!

Have a great cruise!!

MC

I thought you might be interested in reading about 2 of the most influential tango artists of the 20th century. The first is Astor Piazzolla, the founder of the "Nuevo (New) Tango" style:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ástor_Piazzolla

http://www.piazzolla.org/

An earlier artist was singer Carlos Gardel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Gardel

http://www.gardelweb.com/index-english.htm

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back this morning from our South American Cruise.

We stayed at the Claridge and loved it. Very helpful staff, great breakfast and nice bar to meet friends or listen to the piano.

We went to Esquino Carlos Gardel for the dinner/dance. Had a great steak, and a fantastic show. However, from what I heard after getting on our ship (Jan 20 Insignia / Oceania) EVERYONE loved their Tango Show wherever it was! So, follow your intuition or go with your guide's advice, which is what we did. He booked the hotel, and the show. If you need to book your own, ask the hotel clerks. They will book a show for you, call a taxi for you etc. It's a great town.

Happy travels!

Carol

Archived