Early Check In On Queen Mary??????

JMS920

I did try to search but for some reason the site isn't letting me. I would appreciate any help. We are staying at the Coast Hotel on 12/2 sailing on the Pride on 12/3. Has anyone taken the free shuttle from the Coast to the port? If so, does it let you off at the Queen Mary or by the Pride. Where do we check our luggage, do we need to go to the Pride first to drop off our luggage with the porters, then go to the QM for early check in? Or can we check our luggage at the QM where we will do early check in? Another question.....We will be doing the dinner and ghost tour on the QM on Sat. evening, so probably wont' want to walk around on her again. Is there anything else to do between early check in and when we need to get in line to board the Pride. Are there shops or anything open in the area or should we go back to the Coast. What time does early check in begin and exactly where do we have to go to do it... ok enough for one post.......thanks all for your help!!!

JoAnn

I can't help you w/ the Coast hotel part as I got dropped off at the port because I live close. I did do early check in at QM. I believe that starts around 8:30 - 9. I arrived at 10:15 and they did not have the passenger manifest yet (needed it b/c I had a guaranty room and wanted to double check if my cabin changed). I went ahead and checked in anyway..very easy and quick. Early check in ends at 11 but I wouldn't do it any later than 10:30. I got in line at the Dome at 11 and was near the front, but the line quickly grew.

You can not check in luggage at QM...you must give it to the porters, who are all around the parking garage at the drop off/pick up zone. This zone is right in front of the dome. I assume the Coast shuttle drops you off close to everything so you need not walk far. The QM check in is right next to the dome...it will be to the left of the dome when coming from the parking garage. Follow the signs - I think its the same entrance you use as a QM guest. There is a little outdoor shopping area on the way there, where you can kill time.

Hope all that helps! Have fun!

I did try to search but for some reason the site isn't letting me. I would appreciate any help. We are staying at the Coast Hotel on 12/2 sailing on the Pride on 12/3. Has anyone taken the free shuttle from the Coast to the port? If so, does it let you off at the Queen Mary or by the Pride. Where do we check our luggage, do we need to go to the Pride first to drop off our luggage with the porters, then go to the QM for early check in? Or can we check our luggage at the QM where we will do early check in? Another question.....We will be doing the dinner and ghost tour on the QM on Sat. evening, so probably wont' want to walk around on her again. Is there anything else to do between early check in and when we need to get in line to board the Pride. Are there shops or anything open in the area or should we go back to the Coast. What time does early check in begin and exactly where do we have to go to do it... ok enough for one post.......thanks all for your help!!!

JoAnn

My husband and I stayed at the Coast Hotel last month and took the shuttle to the port. They drop you and your luggage at the entrance to the garage (there's a long several lane wide drop off area where the porters wait). It's just a short walk to the end of the Queen Mary for check-in and then over to the dome to wait in line. The garage is basically in front of both the Queen Mary and the dome. You don't have to even touch your luggage, the porter takes it from the shuttle and you can just walk away after tipping him. There is an outdoor shopping area, bar, coffee cart, etc, but there isn't a lot of time to kill. We took the 10:00 shuttle from the Coast, did the early check in on the Queen Mary, walked around a little, then they called for 'zone 1' line to form at about 11:10, we were about 10th in line, then we started moving into the dome at 11:30, through security, up the escalator and onto the ship since we had already done early check in. We were having our first drink of the day at 12:06!

Thanks so much, this info has helped a lot. One more question, is the shuttle first come first serve or can you sign up for the first one? Thanks again.

JoAnn

JoAnn, we had to sign up for a certain shuttle at the Coast Hotel. We did that when we were checking in and there was space on all shuttles, so we picked the earliest, 10:00 a.m., and were alone on the shuttle. The driver said he had more passengers signed up for the later shuttles. I think he said they shuttle over about every 30 minutes between 10:00 and 3:30 or so.

The driver gave us a business card and said to call when we returned, it took about 10 minutes for the shuttle to show up after we called and we were again alone on the shuttle and he dropped us right at our car in the parking lot. It was very convenient. We'll be doing this again in February, but will have more people on the shuttle since we're bringing along 36 of our friends!

Has anyone taken the free shuttle from the Coast to the port? If so, does it let you off at the Queen Mary or by the Pride. Where do we check our luggage, do we need to go to the Pride first to drop off our luggage with the porters, then go to the QM for early check in? Or can we check our luggage at the QM where we will do early check in? Another question.....We will be doing the dinner and ghost tour on the QM on Sat. evening, so probably wont' want to walk around on her again. Is there anything else to do between early check in and when we need to get in line to board the Pride. Are there shops or anything open in the area or should we go back to the Coast. What time does early check in begin and exactly where do we have to go to do it... ok enough for one post.......thanks all for your help!!!

JoAnn

The Queen Mary and the Carnival Pride are next door neighbors (stern of the Queen Mary is only about 100 feet from the stern of the Pride). So being dropped off by one is being dropped off by both (see photo below).

Checked luggage goes to the Porters (not the Queen Mary). There are some small shop near the Queen Mary, but not too much (see photo below).

LongBeach.jpg

The Pride docks where the Paradise is. The white round dome is where you check in for the Pride (early check in is at the Queen Mary). The square building near the dome is a parking structure.

Archived