Ecstasy Xcaret Excursion

SweetAngel

If anyone has taken Carnival's Xcaret excursion from Cozumel, I'd like to know how long you actually get to spend at Xcaret, approx. what time you get there and what time you have to board the bus to leave again.

The trip is scheduled from 8:30 - 3:30 and I was wondering if it would be wise to set up a 1:00 dolphin swim on my own. I have considered going to Xcaret on my own, but it didn't seem very much cheaper to do so, and then I'd have to worry about meeting ferry schedules and getting taxis.

Any advice?

I would not risk it, the timing back to the ship would be too tight.

Why did you use the thumbs down icon on this thread, that would mean you had an entirely negative experience, when you have not even gone yet:confused:

We did Xcaret two weeks ago on the Imagination. We arrived in Calica an hour early, so we were at the park by 1:30pm. They have a space needle type ride which was very neat. At the top you can see the ship and the view is beautiful. We did a number of things but the underground river was amazing. It took us about and hour and 15 minutes. You get life jackets and float and paddle your way thru. We could have stayed longer but we went back to the ship around 6pm. We probably did about 1/3 of the available things. Water socks or flip flops would be a good item to take, as well as sun screen. Beautiful place:)

I would not risk it, the timing back to the ship would be too tight.

Why did you use the thumbs down icon on this thread, that would mean you had an entirely negative experience, when you have not even gone yet:confused:

I noticed the same thing on her talent show thread. This is the third time today I've seen a thumbs down icon on a thread asking a relatively benign question. I wonder if some people think it is a question mark instead?

Angel, if you look at the website for Xcaret, they tell you that you have to pay when reserving for the Dolphin swims online right then. They also state that they require 48 hour notice for cancellations for this or they can not refund your money.Should anything at all happen the day of your excursion which might delay you to the park, you would be basically forfeiting your money.We did Xcaret when we were on the Mariner this past April. It is a beautiful park with plenty to see beside the dolphin swim.If you really want to do the dolphin swim, I would book with the ship to be on the safe side.Jaxson

If anyone has taken Carnival's Xcaret excursion from Cozumel, I'd like to know how long you actually get to spend at Xcaret, approx. what time you get there and what time you have to board the bus to leave again.

The trip is scheduled from 8:30 - 3:30 and I was wondering if it would be wise to set up a 1:00 dolphin swim on my own. I have considered going to Xcaret on my own, but it didn't seem very much cheaper to do so, and then I'd have to worry about meeting ferry schedules and getting taxis.

Any advice?

I'd wait until I was on a cruise that stopped at Calica. There is so much to do on Cozumel I wouldn't waste so much valuable port/vacation time on a ferry back and forth to the mainland. Just my opinion. Xcaret is beautiful, but so is Cozumel.

Thanks for the advice everyone. This is really helpful!

This is the third time today I've seen a thumbs down icon on a thread asking a relatively benign question. I wonder if some people think it is a question mark instead?

Yes, and I was trying so hard to not come across as such a newbie!!! I did notice it was a thumbs down sign as soon as I posted it. :o

you have to pay when reserving for the Dolphin swims online right then. They also state that they require 48 hour notice for cancellations for this or they can not refund your money.

Jaxsonbrownie, good point. I was worried about that too.

There is so much to do on Cozumel I wouldn't waste so much valuable port/vacation time on a ferry back and forth to the mainland.

I know I would also love to see Cozumel, but I am not sure if I will get to come back to Mexico again, and Xcaret seems to have a good sampling of things to do with a little Mexican culture tied in. The underground river really appeals to me, and we will have 3 children that I think would enjoy this theme park a lot. I suppose I will book it through the ship.

It does seem like it would be too hard to fit the dolphin swim in, and I don't want to risk anything. I guess we could always check and see if there are any swim openings when we arrive at Xcaret, and once we know the ship excursion's time schedule and departure time.

• 2 weeks later...

SweetAngel, we are sailing on Miracle in a couple of weeks. Our itinerary shows port from 9:00 - 6:00.

The Xcaret trip is scheduled for 9:00 - 4:00. So, it looks like they take you right from the ship as soon as you "dock". Hope this helps.

Archived