Mercury itinerary

grizzlyflat

Our freinds/neighbors are on this cruise, however not in contact with them, so won't know why until they return on Friday or if someone from the cruise checks in here. I was looking at the camera yesterday and it still said Manzanillo today, however sometime between yesterday afternoon and when I looked again last evening the itinerary changed to what you now see and that is a re-do of Cabo tomorrow.

I to am curious, as we will be on the November 20th Mercury cruise for Thanksgiving. It won't matter to us as we have been there before.

My husband thinks, perhaps, that they had damage to roads that are necessary for the excursions from that last hurricane a few weeks ago. I've done some research but can find nothing relating to why no Mananillo, even on Celebrity's web sight.

that's pretty good insight and makes sense, for now. ;)

i'm not concerned since the cruise itself isn't shortened. just very curious at this point.

thanks for the response!

Jeffrey

Does any one know why the Mercury is not in Manzanillo today? She has already stopped at Cabo on the way down but looks like she will be there again tomorrow.

Hi, I have a friend on this cruise as well. Received an email

the other day.

They had a medical emergency on board the ship and she

was turned around in order to get help.

I am guessing that might have had something to do with it.

But I am not positive about that part.

I was told they skipped Manzanillo and will be in Cabo for a 2nd day.

Maybe when the cruise is over we will find out why the Capt

made this choice.

Any update?
The ship had to turn back toward San Diego to meet a Coast Guard Helicoptor so as to transport a passenger who needed emergency surgey, quickly. The passengers were told later the passenger came through the surgery OK. That caused them to loose the day of the schedule. Read this on another thread on the subject.

We liked the tour of Mazatlan with stop at folklorico in town, day at the resort with lunch and drinks and wandering downtown to shop. This was a ship's tour and quite reasonable. Also took tour in PV that went to the Taylor/Burton house and then we stayed downtown for shopping and lunch. Had lunch at a shrimp place but it was expensive but the shrimps were about 5x the size they serve on board. Strolling along the waterfront was nice and saw all the sculpture close up. By the way, RX in Mexico are quite reasonable and many don't require a prescription. The pharmacies were packed with Americans defying the drug ban and saving money.

Hello I just got back from this sailing. Yes there was a medical emergency. We had to turn the ship to meet the coast guard that first night. So we spent two days at sea then Mazatlan & PV, at sea, Alcapulco, Zihuatenejo, at sea, then picked up Cabo on the way home and then another sea day. They had to drop Manzanillo off the schedule because of the emergency. Other then that the weather was great!! The ocean was warm!! The ports were in great shape!!! The sea most of the time was as still as a lake.

There are plenty of port terminal uncovered parking lots within walking distance. We stayed at the Best Western Bayside Inn with their Park and Cruise package which was convenient but DT San Diego is so noisy with construction and train whistles until 3am. We barely got three hours of sleep and I was wearing earplugs. It was somewhat unbearable but the service was good, the room was clean, the bed was comfortable, they provided a shuttle back & forth from the the port and the parking was covered and secure. (We were on a 11 nt cruise). I also hear that the Holiday Inn by the the Bay which is Right across the Street from where the ship docks provides extended parking. I don't know if there are any train noise issues. My husband and I might look into driving to San Luis Obispo next time and take the trian to San Diego and stay outside the DT area. This way we will also avoid driving through LA .

Hello I just got back from this sailing. Yes there was a medical emergency. We had to turn the ship to meet the coast guard that first night. So we spent two days at sea then Mazatlan & PV, at sea, Alcapulco, Zihuatenejo, at sea, then picked up Cabo on the way home and then another sea day. They had to drop Manzanillo off the schedule because of the emergency. Other then that the weather was great!! The ocean was warm!! The ports were in great shape!!! The sea most of the time was as still as a lake.
Did they compensate the passengers for the loss of the port stop? Just curious.

Did they compensate the passengers for the loss of the port stop? Just curious.

NOPE!!!! They had to cancel one port due to a medical emergency - - the reason they cancelled Manzanillo was because . . . "it was the least desirable port".

Archived