Need help with a Future cruise certificate

goouchjac

Unfortunately we had to cancel our 12/17/2006 sailing of the Millenium,,,stupidly I turned down the insurance...Less than 90 days out, cancelled and was told was losing our $500. deposit...Now having sailed with Celebrity 14 times and being "elite"founder members of the captain's club I spoke to someone in "resolution" and they sent two certificates for future use...My dilemma is this,,,they can only be used on Celebrity, thought we could use them on RCC, being that they own them,,,and it is good until Oct.2007, that being said we are not sure we can go before that date..Has anybody else had this problem, would appreciate any help or advice I can get from my fellow board members;) ..BTW this is the first time we have ever cancelled a cruise.....thanks all...

My husband and I received certificates for a cruise we took in 2000 because I wrote Celebrity about a concern and received a certificate for a percentage off.

An experation date was printed on each certificate and it must be used before that experation date.

We could not go anywhere that year so we didn't use the certificates, but kept them anyway.

The following year we had an opportunity to book a cruise and our TA said it wouldn't hurt to try using them. Celebrity refused the certificates because they were expired, period end of story. But it wouldn't hurt to try!!!!!

Good luck

Celebrity cancelled my 9/13 cruise on the Infinity, and we received a certificate for a future cruise. I also thought I could use it on a Royal Caribbean ship, but was told I had to stay with Celebrity. We ended up re-booking on the Mercury in June 2007. My certificate was only good until 12/07.

When we weren't sure if we could find the cruise we wanted on Celebrity, my TA told me to book a cruise during the specified time, buy the insurance, and then cancel the cruise about a month before the final payment date (even tho you aren't paying, this is usually the "cut-off"). You may be then able to use the newly issued certificate for a cruise in 2008.

I am not sure this will work for you, but I would ask your TA. If all else fails, try speaking with Celebrity cust svc. and see if there is anything else you can do. I know that the CS dept has not received many glowing reviews on these boards, but my experience with them has been good.

Hope all works out the way you want it to...and happy sailing!

Celebrity cancelled my 9/13 cruise on the Infinity, and we received a certificate for a future cruise. I also thought I could use it on a Royal Caribbean ship, but was told I had to stay with Celebrity. We ended up re-booking on the Mercury in June 2007. My certificate was only good until 12/07.

When we weren't sure if we could find the cruise we wanted on Celebrity, my TA told me to book a cruise during the specified time, buy the insurance, and then cancel the cruise about a month before the final payment date (even tho you aren't paying, this is usually the "cut-off"). You may be then able to use the newly issued certificate for a cruise in 2008.

I am not sure this will work for you, but I would ask your TA. If all else fails, try speaking with Celebrity cust svc. and see if there is anything else you can do. I know that the CS dept has not received many glowing reviews on these boards, but my experience with them has been good.

Hope all works out the way you want it to...and happy sailing!

Think I will try what you suggest,,didn't book this cruise thru my TA and really sorry I didn't,although don't know if he would be anymore helpful..thanks for the help..

Archived