Brrrrr!

brunolvr

A friend of mine who I went cruising with last summer has been keeping me up to date on the weather in Cacross. Seems cold and snowy lately. I think yesterday's high was about 7F.

I too am looking forward to more snow. We had about an inch last night, but it is mostly gone already.

What part of Illinois are you from? I am in Bolingbrook and the weather reports show snow this week, :)

Hey, Bolingbrook!

I'm originally from Aurora. Moved to sunny SC 12 years ago to get away from the snow. I wouldn't mind a little right now though, Italy52. If (when) you get enough, make a snow angel for me!

What part of Illinois are you from? I am in Bolingbrook and the weather reports show snow this week, :)

I live right by St.Louis. We hardly ever get snow, it always goes just north or just south of us. In fact, my husband and I have dubbed it "The Arch Effect" meaning all snow is repelled by the Arch and therefore goes around St.Louis. :rolleyes: There was one time where the radar showed a huge band of snow everywhere all around us with a big hole in the middle for St.Louis and the metro-east Illinois area.

We do have a chance for flurries Wed. night into Thursday morning, but it will probably just be some very slight flurries, just enough to scare people to death and make rush hour a nightmare. :mad: I want there to be about 12" of snow!

Hey, Bolingbrook!

I'm originally from Aurora. Moved to sunny SC 12 years ago to get away from the snow. I wouldn't mind a little right now though, Italy52. If (when) you get enough, make a snow angel for me!

Actually, I am a transplant from So. Cal (Irvine). Because of DH's work we have moved around quite a bit over the last eight years: So. Cal-Ft. Lauderdale-Orlando-So. Cal-Washington State-Illinois. This will be our 1st FULL winter here (arrived last February). Looking forward to making my first snowman (or angel). I'm sure as the weather gets rougher, the novelty will wear off :). Enjoy So. Cal!

I live right by St.Louis. We hardly ever get snow, it always goes just north or just south of us. In fact, my husband and I have dubbed it "The Arch Effect" meaning all snow is repelled by the Arch and therefore goes around St.Louis. :rolleyes: There was one time where the radar showed a huge band of snow everywhere all around us with a big hole in the middle for St.Louis and the metro-east Illinois area.

We do have a chance for flurries Wed. night into Thursday morning, but it will probably just be some very slight flurries, just enough to scare people to death and make rush hour a nightmare. :mad: I want there to be about 12" of snow!

I see. I thought all of Illinois shared the same snow pattern. That shows you how much I know about this place. Before I moved here (last February) all I really knew of Illinois is what I saw on the weather channel and that was pretty scary. Now I know, all cities are not equal snow-wise in Illinois. DH can't wait for snow so he can build a snowman. He is an engineer so I am sure it will be a big production. If we get too much I will send some your way. :)

I see. I thought all of Illinois shared the same snow pattern. That shows you how much I know about this place. Before I moved here (last February) all I really knew of Illinois is what I saw on the weather channel and that was pretty scary. Now I know, all cities are not equal snow-wise in Illinois. DH can't wait for snow so he can build a snowman. He is an engineer so I am sure it will be a big production. If we get too much I will send some your way. :)

I'm in Champaign, and we usually don't get that much snow - thank God! I've always lived in the north, but I don't like cold weather.

I'm in Champaign, and we usually don't get that much snow - thank God! I've always lived in the north, but I don't like cold weather.

Good to know. I'm beginning to compile a list of cities with little or no snow. If we ever relocate again, I will have some 411. I am not a big snow fan either, that's why I was a little hesitant to move when DH said we had to relocate. So far, so good here in the suburbs. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I'm an engineer too and I think it's been probably 3-4 years at least since we had enough snow just for a snowman. Thanks for the offer to send some snow. ;)

Archived