Choose my Grand Cayman adventure, win a prize!

melissa@cruisecritic

Choose my adventure in Grand Cayman (descriptions of tours below)!  

714 members have voted

1. 1. Choose my adventure in Grand Cayman (descriptions of tours below)!

• Cultural Express
    • Grand Cayman Helmet Diving
    • Grand Cayman Parasailing
    • Honey Suckle Beach Trail Ride
    • Sea Spi
    • Stingray City Swim & Snorkel

We took the Mariner on the W. Caribbean route the last week of October. It was our first cruise and everyone said we just HAD to swim with the stingrays. 11 from our group went and it was the absolute highlight of the cruise!! As we are starting to get together to share our photos, the talk envaribly turns to the whole 'ray experience, it was just unbelievebly awesome!

Live from Freedom's 11/19 W. Carib. Thanksgiving Cruise!

I vote for the Parasailing excursion. It is fabulous - albeit not long in duration! You can see all the way to the other side of the island (Cayman is not very wide) and the scenery in Cayman is gorgeous! :)

Go for it! :p

Bummer. I noticed there were no ships in today, when Melissa was due to make her stop in Cayman. Looks like her ship had to skip this port of call due to the blustery weather and rough seas.

There is only one solution... another cruise!

Or a breakwater, which would be necessary even if they build a deep water dock.

They didn't make Grand Cayman. Here's what she said on her Freedom blog on the RCCL board:

The captain just announced that we won't be calling at GC tomorrow as scheduled, which is SUCH a bummer because I was so looking forward to doing Stingray City -- especially since everyone participated in the poll. The weather conditions are apparently not good, and I have to admit that wind was really, really blowing today. Not condusive to tendering, which we would have had to do tomorrow. To make up for the change (tomorrow we'll be at sea instead), we're staying in Cozumel until 10 p.m.! I think we are going to stay onboard though and get to know Freedom a little more....

Well, the rain and wind that's headed for the Northeast must be hitting us first. Yes, our call at Grand Cayman today was canceled due to inclement weather -- which means Stingray City didn't happen :(

I looked back at the poll and decided to check whether the excursion that came in second place (Helmet Diving) was available elsewhere. Indeed it was -- Montego Bay, which is tomorrow's port of call -- so we booked that yesterday. Then, today we got a call from the shore ex desk that our Helmet Diving was canceled due to rough seas in Jamaica. Another bummer! So…who says the third runner up doesn't ever get the spotlight?! We booked parasailing in Labadee. Let's hope there's no lightening storm LOL!

Hi! If you guys haven't had a chance to check out my live threads over on the Royal Caribbean forum, we did indeed get to go parasailing -- and it was SO cool. Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll and contest :) madaamt, hope you like the little prize I picked up for you on my travels; I'll try to get it in the mail to you this week.

We were in Grand Cayman last january and did a 4x4 beach excursion which was just ok. We talked with many people that did Stingray alley and they said they had a blast, so that it what i would suggest.

She finished her cruise this morning, and due to the weather was not able to go to Grand Cayman.

Hi! If you guys haven't had a chance to check out my live threads over on the Royal Caribbean forum, we did indeed get to go parasailing -- and it was SO cool. Thanks to everyone who participated in the poll and contest :) madaamt, hope you like the little prize I picked up for you on my travels; I'll try to get it in the mail to you this week.

Glad you got to parasail at Labadee as I agree it is amazing there. Hopefully you will make it back to Grand Cayman one day to swim with the stingrays.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I will be cruising in May and have signed up for the Sea Walk.

I am excited and a bit apprehensive. Did anyone have any

problems with their ears or sinuses after the experience? How

was the water pressure on your body or did you not feel any?

Asking this because my friend is going with me and had back

surgery about 4 years ago.

I will be in Grand Cayman for this. Thanks for any info and

"encouragement" you can give.

Archived