Do TVs on the NCL star have an audio out jack?

SeattleChris

This probably seems like an obscure question, but I was wondering if the TVs on the Star have audio output jacks. I find a wireless headset to be a handy thing, but I wasn't sure if I could get an audio signal from the TV.

Our TV had video and audio input jacks. I used the video input to look at pictures on our digital camera, didn't use the audio and don't remember any output jacks, but could have missed it/them. Also, I didn't try to look at the back of the TV.

Most likely, they would be on the back. You might have to turn the TV a bit to get there, but it should be simple once you do. It all depends on what model, but you rarely see an audio output on the front of a TV.

Is it a headphone type jack your headset plugs into our an RCA cable like is used to hook up some game systems and can be used for VCR's and video equipment?

-Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've sailed, I'll leave the details for anyone else who may search on this topic. The TV has video and audio input on the front; useful for playing back photos and movies from digitial cameras or camcorders. It also has an 1/8" miniplug headset jack on the front. The rear of the TV is difficult to access since the TV is bolted onto the shelf and won't rotate very far, but it appears to have an audio and video output there as well, RCA style. Wireless headphones aren't a useful option though, because there is no standard outlet near the TV that can be used to power a wireless headphone transmitter.

Archived