late dining/early dining - your thoughts?

19snapshot

Now with a child, we HAVE to take early.

Before child, we always HOPED for early, but one time, was talked into late. :eek:

True, the afternoon was extended, but that left more time for drinking. And another please. :rolleyes:

By the time we got ready to eat and sit down for dinner, I found myself crashing. No time for digesting, it was then off to the show. Now, all that digesting made me tired, and I just wanted to go back to the cabin after the show and sleep. It also didn't help that we sailed in January and the sun set at 4:15 PM. :cool:

I much prefer eating when we normally eat, see a show, and then go out and explore. I happen to like the evenings better than the days anyway on ships.

And now, if I choose not to be on time for dinner, alternative dining is always my alternative. Yet, somehow, I always make it to the dining room.

But it all comes down to, WHAT DO YOU LIKE?

Thank you all for your input! We decided to take the 8 pm. Just called Carnival and they said no problem.

Lots of helpful folks here, and I don't mean to burst your bubble, but...

I don't think anyone mentioned that your request for a specific dining time is still ONLY a request. It really doesn't matter if you just talked with anyone at Carnival - no seating is assured (unless you are a Platinum status passenger).

You still won't know if you have that 8pm seating until you receive your Sail & Sign card just prior to boarding the ship. Hopefully, you will. If not, see the Maitre d' at the appointed time to request a change.:)

Archived