Amerisuites & Riverside Hotel - Ft Lauderdale

Jan_In_Maine

I promised to write about these two hotels -

We stayed at the Amerisuites before our cruise (10/27). The hotel was a very nice budget type hotel - fine for one night. The room was clean, a little outdated, but it served its purpose. The day desk clerks were professional, but not overly friendly. The night clearks were very nice and extremely helpful. All of us had a wonderful time talking with them. Breakfast was ok - I didn't have to cook or pay extra so I have no complaints. For a safe, clean one night no frills hotel I would stay there again. Convenient to restaurants, grocery stores and drug stores. They were quick picking us up from the airport and we signed up in advance for the shuttle to the ship. We left the hotel at 11 am - and it seemed like 2 seconds later we were at the ship.

The Riverside Hotel was where we stayed after the cruise. Las Olas had a "home show" going on so the road was closed off to traffic - great to wander around the shops, booths and spend time talking with people. The hotel was very elegant, more understated than overstated. We stayed in a tower room which was beautiful and quite large with a bathroom that was almost larger than our stateroom on the ship. We sat outside and had drinks all while watching people. I would stay at this hotel again - I really enjoyed the Riverside. They even had a computer room that I used to print out our e-tickets. Would really like to spend more than one night there. The bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have slept on in a long time.

It is also right near the Cheesecake Factory - had to have Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake for a late evening snack - much too rich to eat a whole slice!

I don't think that one could go wrong with either hotel - both served their purpose. Jan

Archived