3 days in Lauderdale?

Lv2Camp&Cruise

So I guess we are staying in Fort Lauderdale for a few days since the Liberty sailing will be delayed. We have reservations at the Fort Lauderdale Grande. Please tell me that this hotel is ok! I read mixed reviews. Also, what should we do while in Fort Lauderdale? Neither DH or I have been there before.

Thanks for your input!

Beach?

If you like Japanese gardens visit the Morikami Gardens in Boca, one of the highest ranked Japanese gardens in the world outside of Japan.

Vizcaya is another wonderful garde down there.

Considering your cruise now stops in KW I wouldn't suggest a trip down there, but would normally.

A day trip to the Everglades can be fun.

It would help alot if you said what your interests are besides cruising :rolleyes: We normally only go down that way for the gardens and partying, and I doubt you want to go to our type of club :eek:

Beach?

If you like Japanese gardens visit the Morikami Gardens in Boca, one of the highest ranked Japanese gardens in the world outside of Japan.

Vizcaya is another wonderful garde down there.

Considering your cruise now stops in KW I wouldn't suggest a trip down there, but would normally.

A day trip to the Everglades can be fun.

It would help alot if you said what your interests are besides cruising :rolleyes: We normally only go down that way for the gardens and partying, and I doubt you want to go to our type of club :eek:

Now you have me intrigued. Just what kind of club are we talking about??:eek:

To clarify, I guess we are pretty laid back and enjoy hanging out with a great drink, great music and lots of people to watch. We love the water so I am sure that we will find ourselves sticking close by. We also love seafood but don't want to pay an arm and a leg. We are driving so we will have a car to get around. Not much into the gardens and stuff. Hopefully that will help with anyone's advice. :p

Also, what should we do while in Fort Lauderdale? Neither DH or I have been there before.

When you get to your hotel, I guarantee there will be a stand FULL of brochures concerning a multitude of things to do in that fun city. I could offer suggestion, but you'll immediately know what appeals to your family/group. You have options of superb dining, and the beaches are fun (not always the cleanest in the State, but fun). For a non-fancy dining experience that seems to appeal to all, try a visit to one of the Skyline Chili franchises. There's only a limited few there, but I love 'em. Have a great time in Lauderdale, and Bon Voyage for your days aboard Liberty.

While in florida did you consider Disney World?

We actually called and reserved a couple of nights at Pop Century in Disney shortly after we heard from Carnival today. We have 2 days left on a hopper pass and thought we would go play. But after reading a post today on the roll call board that had the water taxi link for FFL, we decided to try something new. We called and cancelled the Disney hotel and extended our stay at The Grande.

I am a little bummed still about the trip being shortened and I just didn't think I could handle the "magical" experience of Disney this week! :D :rolleyes:

Archived