paradise beach/cozumel?

gus30

Has anyone been to paradise beach recently??? I was looking back at old posting and someone mentioned it. It sounded really nice for kids. Wan't to make sure it still existed post hurricane!!! was thinking of doing that instead of the dolphin excursion and saving a few hundred dollars!

Thanks (it said they had water trampolines, snorkeling, a bar on the beach etc.

We have not been to Paradise but did go to Mr. Sancho's this is where a local american told us to go. At that time there was still bad damage from Wilma. You can rent a car from Executive car rental right when you get off thw ship we got a VW bug for $38 plus tax and and came to about $48. A taxi paradise is $12. We were on the Magic so we had all day you really need to see the rest of the Isalnd. You can swim, shop, snorkel, get a massage, banana boat, horseback ride at Mr. Sancho's and have a great lunch.

Lexi

The roads are very good. The isalnd goes in a circle. There are some nice places to get a drink or lunch away from the port areas. We almost always rent when we come to Cozumel. Sometimes the cars are better than others but it beats the cost of a taxi.

Lexi

VERY relaxing. We spent the afternoon there 2 years ago & wished we had spent the whole day there. Very inexpensive cab ride (I want to say $12) from the pier.

I, too, was wondering about hurricane damage. But I went to the Cozumel thread under Ports of Call, and found an extensive thread about Paradise Beach. Many who had been there in the last couple of months raved.

From what I have gathered, Mr. Sanchos is more commercialized. Paradise Beach is not so much. There are chairs & umbrellas (FREE--not always so at other beaches!), $5 wristband to snorkel, kayak or get a mat (plus deposit), GREAT service, yummy food. Also henna, inexpensive massages, jet skis if you desire.

We will be headed STRAIGHT to Paradise Beach on our March cruise.

KKB,

thanks so much for the reply, I think we will definatley go there now!!!

I think my kids 9 and 10 will love it. and the Bar on the beach and a massage sounds pretty good to me

thanks again!!

We were there last month. We loved it in many ways. The kids loved the trampeline and the sand and the swimming DH and I loved the food, beachside massage, drinks, all were great. The only negative is that much of the beach is VERY rocky. My husband twisted his ankle wading out and I hurt my foot.

Archived