Must take Items on a cruise.....keep it simple!

cruzin4us

1. Highlighter pen

2. An insulated mug

3. Two or three ink pens

4. A small spiral notebook

5. Can of room freshener

6. Beach towels (We don't take the ship towels on excursions for fear of losing them and being charged $$!)

D.

Excuse me for not understanding the logic of the last item. If you take your own towels and lose them ,aren't you out their cost? And ,why would you want to tote all that extra baggage.? And how many do you bring? Don't you want clean ones every day?And finally ,why do you lose them?

Excuse me for not understanding the logic of the last item. If you take your own towels and lose them ,aren't you out their cost? And ,why would you want to tote all that extra baggage.? And how many do you bring? Don't you want clean ones every day?And finally ,why do you lose them?

We have never lost a towel but if we ever do, I don't want to be charged the $15 or $20 that they charge. The TWO towels that we take are older and not worth much if lost.

D.

We have never lost a towel but if we ever do, I don't want to be charged the $15 or $20 that they charge. The TWO towels that we take are older and not worth much if lost.

D.

So you're telling us that a "must have" item is two old towels that you bring from home, and reuse, for fear of losing nice fresh towels and being out $20.

I've been on over 100 excursion -never lost one . I like to live recklessly I guess. ; )

To each his own. I don't mean to sound as though I am poking fun at you. I'm not. It just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Perhaps others could weigh in on this one and tell me I'm wrong...I'm use to that.

So you're telling us that a "must have" item is two old towels that you bring from home, and reuse, for fear of losing nice fresh towels and being out $20.

I've been on over 100 excursion -never lost one . I like to live recklessly I guess. ; )

To each his own. I don't mean to sound as though I am poking fun at you. I'm not. It just doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Perhaps others could weigh in on this one and tell me I'm wrong...I'm use to that.

If it doesn't sound like a good idea to you, then I certainly suggest that you don't do it!

D.

Perhaps others could weigh in on this one and tell me I'm wrong...I'm use to that.

No, I agree with you. But then I'm still trying to figure out the earlier post that said they bring their old clothes, wear them and then throw them out .... I usually wear my old clothes for painting ... not for cruising :D

No, I agree with you. But then I'm still trying to figure out the earlier post that said they bring their old clothes, wear them and then throw them out .... I usually wear my old clothes for painting ... not for cruising :D

Yeah, I didn't really understand that one either. But different strokes for different folks!

D.

:cool:

just came back from the .99 store, just bought 2 pair of shower curtains to give to some of the people we are going with on our cruise with this friday on the Mercury.

Did you also find the over the door shoe holder????

I just can't wait till Friday....

drfun48:

I want to go on a cruise with you! Too funny!!

I heard tell of a couple who shopped at Goodwill for their clothing for Europe trips. They threw away the Goodwill clothes as they bought their new wardrobes. True story. I just seem to keep traveling with my same old husband and same old clothes....

I do take an over-the-door shoe holder. Don't know if I'd need it for just my husband and myself but have always had my youngest daughter in our cabin. Between us two 'girls' we have a lot of stuff: hairbrushes, hair styling equipment, sunblock, tickets, perfume, and items I usually use once or twice (scissors) but felt compelled to pack and hate to leave cluttered on the vanity!

Best things I take not mentioned previously:

Small tackle box, about $2, that opens to little compartments on either side to store my jewelry in--approx. 8"x5"x3"

An envelope full of $75 worth of one dollar bills and another with $75 worth of five dollar bills.

My daughter left a ship's towel on an excursion on our last cruise and we were not charged. Maybe they just say they will charge you so that you are more carefull.

My daughter left a ship's towel on an excursion on our last cruise and we were not charged. Maybe they just say they will charge you so that you are more carefull.

I would just bring towels from the pool area or from the locker room rather than from the stateroom on an excursion. That way, they have no record of me having it and COULDN'T charge me if I lost it! (of course, I'd still be conscientious about keeping track of it because I'd feel really guilty for losing their property, expecially if I wasn't being charged for it). IMO, this is one of the nicer things about X vis a vis several similar lines that make you bring your own room towel to the pool, etc., so that you can't get away with anything...

i didn't even bother to look...not a big deal for me with my 3 pair of shoes:rolleyes:

It is not for shoes.....It is better than a drawer or looking thru your bags for your most used items...[ that fit in the over the door... shoe slots ]

drfun48:

I want to go on a cruise with you! Too funny!!

I.

It's a possibility.I sincerely hope you are a babe though!...and I'm going to have to come up with an excuse for a week for the Mrs.

How does" the dog ate my GPS system and I forgot how to get home" sound?

It's a possibility.I sincerely hope you are a babe though!...and I'm going to have to come up with an excuse for a week for the Mrs.

How does" the dog ate my GPS system and I forgot how to get home" sound?

Of course I'm a babe! As a matter of fact, have you seen the movie Babe? I quite resemble the main character! We'd have to bring our significant other's along, though--detail people are so very helpful:D

Getting back to what else to bring on a trip: it's not very necessary, but I like to bring two or three dry erase markers (low odor kind). I use them to write messages on the mirror--so my DH and DD's and I can catch up with each other. My daughter draws on the mirror with them, or plays tic tac toe. They are also great to leave notes for the stateroom attendant. AND-it wipes off with a kleenex!

Way way back near the beginning of the thread, Jellens posted:-

Over the door shoe holder (we put toiletries in so we can find them in and out of the bathroom...prevents, honey where is the ??????)

Night light

Pepto or immodium (take discreetly or you will be quarantined. . .hee hee)

Power strip

Int'l calling cards as 'tips'

Wrinkle release spray

Thermal mug

Bounce sheets between dirty clothes to keep things 'fresh'

Ziplocs

Travel clothes line

Collapsible tote for 'extras' you bought

Cheap blow up raft

Disinfectant baby wipes for cabin phone and remote...prevents colds later

My own little bottle of hand sanitizer

..... and no-one asked about the 'Cheap blow up raft'....

Archived