Shipping packages beforehand... and more ?

catalexander

Hi all...

I have been devouring every post on this forum and have gathered so much info already for our upcoming cruise! Thanks so much!

We will be traveling in Fabruary for our 10th anniversary... and this is our FIRST Celebrity Cruise... (we've crusied other lines before, but wanted a new experience for our anniversary)...

Anyway... I have MANY questions, and I know you guys would have the knowledge, so here goes:

Is it possible to ship a package to the cruise line to be delivered to our Suite? Where would I find the address?

I am VERY aware of the alcohol policy, but are we allowed to bring our own soda's onboard? My DH drinks only one kind... Sierra Mist Free.. and I don't know if he'll find that onboard... can we bring a couple with us?

I know that nothing says "Thanks" like good 'ol CASH, but does anyone have any experience giving somthing else, in addition, to the cash tips... on our Disney famiy cruise, I also gave out prepaid phone cards, and the crew really seemed to appreciate that... any thoughts/comments/suggestions?

I plan on renting a tux for DH for our one formal night... how is the rental service company suggested by X? Prompt? Correct sizing? Able to make changes if needed?

I would like to book a spa service while onboard... preferably a "couples" experience... is that offered? Any "don't miss" services? Anything I should avoid? How about the "in-suite" massage? Better than the AquaSpa? Same?

Finally, is there any advantage to booking a cruise directly with X online vs. using a TA? I am the kind that will stay on top of things myself, and don't mind the planning and follow-up... that's part of the fun for me!

Is there anywhere to view some of the previous cruise daily "newsletter" that is distributed?

okay... I think that's it for now!

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Catherine

Catherine, No, Celebrity doesn not allow any shipped packages to their ships for security reasons. They won't even allow you to ship your luggage.

I've found they do carry Sierra Mist on board---had it on my last cruise in February. You can "smuggle" things on board, but they can take anything away from you if they find it. Celebrity has a policy of not allowing anything to be brought on board as it hits their "bottom line" so to speak.

Don't bother giving anything other than cash. The phone cards you purchase don't work for the most part anywhere on the islands, plus the crew already gets great deals on phone cards for themselves. And don't bother bringing any other kind of gift. These hard working people are there for one thing---money to send home to their families. Plus, they don't have room in their tiny cabins for things like hats, t-shirts and candy.

The tux rental is very reliable.

They do have a couples massage and if you book spa services while the ship is in a port, the prices are much cheaper than if you do it when you're at sea.

I book with a travel agent because he not only gets me the best prices but he also pays my tips and offers an included shore excursion, plus he sends a bottle of wine to my cabin. Add to that the fact that if anything goes wrong, he's the one I call to make things right.

Thanks Darcie!

bummer about the boxes... that has really been helpful on other cruise lines... I've shipped a bunch of "consumables"... make the luggage much more manageable!

Glad to hear about the sodas... I wouldn't "smuggle" or "break the rules" for a simple soda... but if it were allowed, was thinking of bringing a couple "just in case"... DH will just have to deal with what is available on the ship (no worries... we can just mix it with some Crown and he won't know the difference between Sierra Mist, 7-up, or Sprite!!!!)

yeah.. I know they don't have much room for "stuff".. but I didn't know that int'l calling cards were hit or miss... guess I'll just stick to the old greenbacks! I will write a personal note to include, though.. just something to let them know their hard work is recognized beyond what is "expected" (yes, I am expecting wonderful service! If not, then that person must have something going on to put them off their game, and I'll still recognize them... maybe it'll perk them up for the next guests!)

Thanks again... and if anyone has more ideas or thoughts, please share them!

Hi Catherine --

You can find some of the Celebrity Dailies at Tom and Emily's site

http://www.tomandemily.com/index_files/CruisingMainPage.htm

My partner has used the tux rental. I brought my own. You can check his out at http://homepage.mac.com/dkuhnau/PhotoAlbum11.html

If you scroll down to "The same outfits! How embarrassing!", they're both wearing rented tuxes. Not so shabby! AND saves on packing space.

They definitely offer couples massage. They also have something called "Rasul" where you can mud eachother up in a private sauna/shower room. Me...I'm self-centered and like my massage all to myself, so I can't comment on quality of the couples massage.

What to enjoy? Something every cruise has: sailaway! The best moment of cruising. Head to the newly installed Sunset Bar at the aft. Haven't been on Century yet, but have always enjoyed the aft outdoor bar on Constellation.

ENJOY!

Archived