Transportation to Venice Airport from Dock

Hi everyone,

Our cruise ends in Venice, and I would like to take an early morning (7:30am) flight out of Marco Polo airport on disembarkation day. In order to get to the flight in time, we would need to leave the ship around 5:00am. Does anyone know how to arrange for transportation that early in the morning? Can anyone recommend any transport companies? Also, is there any problem in getting off the ship that early (we will keep our luggage with us)?

Thanks,

Noel

I don't know what ship you are on but on the Golden Princess last year they began disembarking passengers at 4:30 AM in the morning. I would imagine your cruise will have similar options. Just be sure to fill out the disembarkation questionire with your flight times and then make sure you get an early disembarkation time.

Have a great next cruise.

Hi everyone,

Our cruise ends in Venice, and I would like to take an early morning (7:30am) flight out of Marco Polo airport on disembarkation day. In order to get to the flight in time, we would need to leave the ship around 5:00am. Does anyone know how to arrange for transportation that early in the morning? Can anyone recommend any transport companies? Also, is there any problem in getting off the ship that early (we will keep our luggage with us)?

Thanks,

Noel

Your ship will have tranfers , but if you prefer not to take a ships bus..then would highly recommend this company.

http://www.venice-limousine.com/

cost is about 55EU for 2 w/luggage in Mercedes sedan.. we had 4 and it was 60EU in new mini van

Last year we called "Radio taxi" the day before to make arrangements and they picked us up at the ship at 5:30 AM. There did not seem to be an awful lot of people getting off the ship at that time independently so it was quick for us. I do know that fellow travelers were also at the airport around the same time as us and I believe they took the ship transfer. I seem to remember that they had to get off a lot *earlier* - like around 4 AM - when using Princess transfer and that's why we opted for the taxi. We had to take our own luggage off the ship, but that also saved us a lot of time. The taxi cost us about 32 or 35 euro including luggage and the drive was about 15-20 minutes.

We got the phone number for radio taxi from the tourist kiosk near St. Mark's vaporetto stop.

Denise

Thanks everyone for your replies. It makes me feel a lot better about taking the early flight.

Based on some of your comments, it sounds like the ships dock in the mainland - so you can take a land taxi from the dock. Is this right?

Thanks,

Noel

The main cruise ship docks in Venice are near the Piazza Roma which is where the bridge to the mainland connects up to the island so there is land transportation, buses, taxis, trucks for luggage, etc. that can get to the port. The Piazzo Roma is also near the train station which also has a bridge to the mainland. There are also several large parking garages there for people who have driven cars over to Venice. They can park them there and catch a waterbus at the stop near the railroad station.

But the docks are not on the mainland but at the one side of Venice. Some ships dock elsewhere but I think the bigger ships use the main dock area. There is room there for at least 4 large cruise ships.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived