Princess Web Cams

Canuck Cruzer

About once a day...maybe more if it's cold out here...I will do a run through of the Princess web cams.

Some of the cams consistently look blah. The Tahitian cam always look grey and cloudy. I would think the places it sails see some pretty nice weather...it just never looks like it.

Then you have the Sun cam. The colors on it are sharp! Makes everything look so nice. The water looks so blue.

Then you get the cams where it points right into the water. Can't see squat.

I guess it is such a minor thing to the ship...but if I were Princess, I would want the cams to be as pleasing to the eye as possible...might convince someone to book a cruise. I know you can't control weather...but I doubt it's overcast where the Tahitian sails all the time.

About once a day...maybe more if it's cold out here...I will do a run through of the Princess web cams.

Some of the cams consistently look blah. The Tahitian cam always look grey and cloudy. I would think the places it sails see some pretty nice weather...it just never looks like it.

Then you have the Sun cam. The colors on it are sharp! Makes everything look so nice. The water looks so blue.

I guess it is such a minor thing to the ship...but if I were Princess, I would want the cams to be as pleasing to the eye as possible...might convince someone to book a cruise. I know you can't control weather...but I doubt it's overcast where the Tahitian sails all the time.

I agree. It would be great to see something more than sea. By the way, do you use the composite cam view?

I agree with you 100% !

A few months ago, I started a thread on this subject... Take a look at the first post I made there: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=424339

On the first picture (from the Sea Princess web cam), you'll see that there is a ship coming to port in Quebec city. This other ship was the Crystal Symphony. The second picture will show you the Crystal Symphony's web cam... What a difference ! Those two picture were taken almost at the same time...

As I said in that thread, I think it might be time for Princess to do something about their web cams...

Alain R.

Archived