Embarkation in NY Dec 6th

doctornursejan

Yes, even the first Store was Lord and Taylor to open there Shopping by..Window ..HammyBee is right with saying that in delight and de light..:eek: >Right>

It looks like the ship is scheduled to depart about 4:30. This means "all aboard" will be 4:00. If I were you, I'd shoot for 2:30 so that you have time to get aclimated before sailaway.

DH and I are on the sailing immediately following yours. Our docs say the departure time is 4:45. Our "TA" told us to be there 3 hours early (so do the docs). So, I agree with Hammy that 2:30 should be the latest.

Just fyi, DH and I are taking the 5.5 hour New York Party Shuttle Tours. Here is the link http://www.newyorkpartyshuttle.com/ the tour stops at:

And you will pass:

You could take the 8:30 - 2:00 pm tour and be at the ship in time.

Whatever you do, please let us know! I'm so excited for you! You are going to have a BLAST!!

Just fyi, DH and I are taking the 5.5 hour New York Party Shuttle Tours. ... the tour stops at: (snip)

And you will pass:(snip)

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading what you had listed! :eek:

Have a great time (and pray it doesn't snow). ;)

Whew! I'm exhausted just reading what you had listed! :eek:

Have a great time (and pray it doesn't snow). ;)

NO! Pray that it DOES snow! DH has never seen it and REALLY wants to...

Okay, well, pray that it doesn't snow for Jan but it DOES snow for us :D

How are you, Ruthless? Did you ever get my email?

How are you, Ruthless? Did you ever get my email?

(not wanting to hijcak the thread, but) I got one---in response to the one I sent you explaining the origin of that name. ;) I thought that ended that particular conversation. Didn't it? :confused:

We now return you to our regularly scheduled topic.... :o

(not wanting to hijcak the thread, but) I got one---in response to the one I sent you explaining the origin of that name. ;) I thought that ended that particular conversation. Didn't it? :confused:

We now return you to our regularly scheduled topic.... :o

lol, yes it did. I was just having email problems that day and was concerned it didn't get to you :)

Back to the 6th, I know the list of places you'll visit is long, but for the life of me I haven't been able to find one bad review of that tour company. The company isn't on the TravelAdvisor.com so I couldn't check it out there. We will be taking this tour when we get back from the cruise.

Mary:

What are you going to do with your luggage when you take that trip? I would love to take that trip when we return, but can;t for the life of me figure out what to do with the luggage!!!!! Jan:p

We will be staying at the Hotel Eddison for the 2 days after the trip, so our stuff will be tucked away "neatly" in our little suite.

I have heard of people checking their luggage in at one of the hotels (I can't remember which one) for a slight fee just for a day trip. I will see if I can find that post and then let you know.

Mary:

What are you going to do with your luggage when you take that trip? I would love to take that trip when we return, but can;t for the life of me figure out what to do with the luggage!!!!! Jan:p

I found this post (it might give you an idea as to what to do with luggage when you get to NY):

This was in response to a question about what to do with 12 hours in manhattan.

". . . hop in a cab and tell the driver to head to one of the biggest hotels in Times Square, the Marriott Marquis and check your luggage with the bellman. If they ask, tell them yes, you are checking in later. You'll need to tip $1-$2 per bag and more if they are heavy.

Then, I'd spend a few minutes walking around Times Square, then walk across 42nd Street to head over to Grand Central Terminal. Go through Grand Central and check out the Beaux Arts beauty. Don't miss the constellations on the ceiling. From there, walk up Fifth Avenue towards Central Park. Stop at Rockefeller Center and check out the largest Urban Industrial Park in the US. It is a limestone Art Deco monument. If you are early enough, hang out at The Today Show and try and get on TV.

From there walk back over the Fifth Avenue, cross the street and go into St. Patrick's Cathedral. Be quiet as mass may be in progress. It is a breathtaking cathedral.

From there, walk up to Central Park and walk across Central Park South. You can catch a little bit of what makes Central Park so spectacular from here. Don't miss the Plaza Hotel! Under renovations but it is still a gem!

Walk back down Seventh Avenue towards Times Square stopping at Pick-A-Bagel on the corner of West 57th and Seventh Avenue for the best bagels and baked goods (buy B&W's here!) in Midtown.

From there, walk down to the Marriott Marquis, pick up your luggage (this is when you tip), get in the taxi line, and get a cab to the pier. By this time I'm sure it will be time to get on the ship!"

Here is the link to the page: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=314230

• 2 weeks later...

With us leaving in just under 2 weeks and our stay being the few days before New Years its a bit late to change the hotel reservation. I've been looking at reviews of the hotel and it seems just fine. Trip Advisor has it as a 3.5 star which is just fine. Further, DH and I have a mini suite.

The hotel doesn't really bother me much as we only plan on sleeping there. Thanks for the warning. I will definately come back in January with a COMPLETE review of the hotel. :)

If that is the worst part of our stay, I will still be thrilled! Thanks for the concern.

Archived