capri

I am sorry if this is a duplicate, but I couldn't find a thread with this request. I am arriving in Naples, and would like to see Capri and the Blue Grotto, etc. I am a single and cannot find anything on line. Does anyone know if it is possible to get a private or semi private tour once I am over there? Whatever infor would be helpful. Thanks

I am not sure you rally need a tour guide. Take a high speed ferry to Capri. See the grotto if you must. Take the cable car up to the top. Walk around town. See Villa Jovis. Eat lunch. Shop. Enjoy the views. Don't miss the ship.

Hi,

You probably don't need a guide for Capri although we visited as part of a small walking group (A week long group so no help to you) and particularly enjoyed the walk to Villa Jovis and the tales we were told about the Villa and the area generally. Perhaps read up on Capri on the web or in a tour book and you can likely get all the information before you arrive.

Try www.benvenutolimos.com We are using them for Rome and Florence. They sent me an email asking if I needed anything in Naples so maybe they can help you there. However, from everything I've read, it seems possible to do Capri, Pompeii, etc. on your own by hyrofoil which are supposed to be very near where the cruise ships dock. Good luck, MG

I assume you are arriving by ship. If so, the hydrofoil docks are adjacent to where your ship is docking. It's a quick walk to the hydrofoil dock and then you're on your way to Capris. Enjoy your day. I'm sure there will be many people walking in the same direction.

Also, if you are arriving by ship, have you looked for a Roll Call thread for your cruise? Posting on that thread would probably result in finding people with the same interest you have for the day.

Thank you everyone. Yes, I do have a group from the roll call forum, but none of them want to go to Capri. I have already been to Naples and Pompeii. I will trythe one site recommended, otherwise, if no one else has any input, I might wing it on my own.

I don't know if you've found this, but have a look at this site:-

http://www.capri.net

We were there last June, on an excursion during ur cruise on Celebrity's Galaxy. In practice we could have done the trip just as easily on our own; when we go back next year, that's what we will do. Here's a link to some pictures I took then:

http://www.*****/travelpage/aspgallery/view_ad.asp?Ad_ID=2514

As mentioned a couple of posts back, it is very easy to walk to the hydrofoils from the dock in Naples and catch a ferry to Capri. At the docks in Capri is a booth selling tickets to boats to the Blue Grotto. Unfortunately, the day we were there it had a sign saying closed due to high tides. We then caught a bus to Anacapri to for a nice scenic chairlift ride to the top of the island.

Thanks again. You have all convinced me that I will go solo.

Tom-UK thanks for the capri.net site and the pictures. They were very helpful. It looks beautiful. It is too bad I cannot convince any one on the roll call board that this would be worthwhile.

Archived