Chank. and Dolphin Question

Our ship arrives at Coz at like 7am. Our dolphin swim is at 10. What time does the park open? We'd like to do the park thing before the swim since we also want to go to Paradise beach and shop and Carlos and Charlies before our ship leaves at the early hour of 6pm. Anyone think we got time?

I think you are going to be happy with chak. I can't see leaving to go to another resort. Sit back, relax and enjoy the stop. You can "go and blow" and see all the places or you can take in the atmosphere.Hit the shopping and Carlos when it is late afternoon. ya'll will be in town and won't have the rush to get to the terminal

Don't all the Carnival ships dock at Puerta Maya Pier (since Carnival owns it)...? If so, that's an extra cab ride to and back from San Miguel (the town).

Sounds like you're trying to cram an awful lot into one short visit to Coz. If your dolphin swim is at 10am, you'll have to go to Chankanaab first (great park, by the way!). If you want to see the gardens, snorkel, enjoy the beach, etc., I don't think you'll have time to go to Paradise Beach and THEN go to San Miguel to shop and to C&C.

That would entail MANY cab rides and lotsa bucks:

From the ship to Chank. $12

From Chank to PB. $10

From PB to San Miguel $12

From SM back to ship. $12 - WOW!

(There's some really good shopping at the Puerta Maya Pier - many new shops, restaurants, bars, and the a/c mall.)

Maybe you'll get lucky and the Captain will announce that they've decided to stay in Coz till midnight. That's what they did on my last cruise.:)

Our plan was to do the two parks and shop too, but it did not work out. We enjoyed Chank. and shopping and felt that was a very full day. We did the dolphin swim at 10 as well. I am wearing my dolphin charm bought shopping that day. It was a great day!!!

I booked the Dolphin Swim in cozumel...I'm so excited...Can anyone tell me if there will be anyone trustworthy enough to leave my cameras with so they can film or take some pictures of us? I know they take pictures but I also would like my own...Any ideas?;)

I booked the Dolphin Swim in cozumel...I'm so excited...Can anyone tell me if there will be anyone trustworthy enough to leave my cameras with so they can film or take some pictures of us? I know they take pictures but I also would like my own...Any ideas?;)

Waterproof camera?

Why do you ask that??

Just curious. Everyone books early excursions and I was under the impression that you couldn't get off the ship until it had been cleared by local authorities.

Yeah liv, but when the itinerary says 7 you are usually off by 7:30. At least on my last cruise that was how it was.

Not on mine LOL. It was at least two hours before they let us off.

Liv, was that on the Sky? Maybe different lines/ports do things differently, BUT on all my Carnival cruises, passengers are usually allowed off the ship about 30 minutes after docking.

I never book excursions (well, not since my first cruise - long story), so I'm never involved in the mad rush to get off the ship. Reminds me of a herd of cattle:D - as I watch them from the deck with another cuppa coffee. No offense, folks.

Liv, was that at every port and at what time did the ship dock? In my experience on sailing Carnival it has been what Pnut said, you dock and within 30 minutes passengers are on their way. Not that I ever was ready to go that early but there were people that had eaten, done their 5 miles around the track, dressed and ready to go. I have one word for that. COFFEE!!

Cotton - Yes, that was on the Sky.

Debbie - That was at every port and the ship was docking around 7am. The worst was GC and that silly little private island.

We just did the swim with the dolphins. They would not let you leave cameras on the pier. The lockers were nice, and I felt safe. They were on a busy walkway, so no one would break into them. They take wondeful pictures and a video that they sell. We bargined a lot for the pictures and the video. We got the video and 12 pictures for $110. It sounds like a lot, but the pictures are 5x7 and professionally done. The kids have watched the video a number of times. My suggestion, bargin with them. They do allow only water cameras in the swim. If a member of the family is not swimming, they can stand on the prier, but their photographer really gets the best spot for pictures of you.

We had an 8:00 tour from the ship, but didn't leave the prier until 8:30. We did the park, the beach at the park, and then went shopping at the pier. You can not believe all the shops at the pier. They were nice, great prices, and not pushy.

Also, try the ice cream as you are leaving the park on the left. Best ice cream we have ever had.

Have fun

Cathy

Archived