St. Petersburg Questions

CaneCruiser

We have book the Voyager for Aug 11, 2007 (anyone else going?) cruise of the Baltics and had some questions about the stop in St. Petersburg. Is the Moscow excursion only offered on the second day or is it available on the first after we dock? Has anyone done the Moscow tour? How much is RSSC charging? If we did the Moscow tour do you think that it is possible to book RO or Denrus for the 1st and 3rd days?

Thanks

I think I can answer all your questions. Yes, the Moscow tour is only offered the second day because it is a 14 hour trip. It is very long, and I wish we had seen more of the city. Last year it was $599 per person and that included sightseeing by bus all over with stops at the Kremlin, Red Square and the Church of the Savior. Lunch was provided at a wonderful restaurant called the Cafe Pushkin.

I do not see why you could not book independent travel with either of those companies. There is so much to see and St. Petersburg is so beautiful, that I think that would be the way to go. Otherwise you are waiting for 40 other people on a bus.

Good luck. You will love St. Petersburg. I have done the cruise 3 times, and will probably go again in a few years.

I HAVE NOT BOOKED WITH EITHER OF THOSE COMPANIES, BUT WITH OTHERS. I WOULD DEFINITELY SEE CATHERINE'S PALACE AND PETEROFF (OUTSKIRTS OF CITY) and the church of the spilled blood. There is so much to see and do, you might want to buy a tour book on St. Petersburg, make a list of what you might want to do, and then send the list to whatever tour company your contact and see how much they can fit in and what they suggest. The main decision is whether you want to see things in the city, or perhaps take a walking tour and see areas that are not touristy, and perhaps the subway system,which is incredible.

Good luck.

Archived