Fanning Island Question-bugs????

steviem1

I'd like to know that also.

Plus.... I noticed that you sailed the Carla Costa! It was our first cruise.

We laugh about how much the ship moved from side to side... couldn't walk a straight line if we wanted to. Do you remember singing the ships song? Se Se se Carla costa se se se LOL

Have been to Fanning Island three times....no bug problem. Yes, there are some flies around...but I have never gotten a bite by any of them.

Don't worry....NCL wants you to have a good time on the island and will make sure the bugs are kept at a minimum.

Hey, it is the tropics....you will see some bugs...but nothing to worry about. Have fun!!

Kapoho2--What did you do on Fanning Island? I have been told that there will be a barbecue from the ship on the beach. How is the snorkeling?

Merg55-We were on the Carla C in August,1983 and it was also our first cruise. We had a room above the engine, way on the top level. The beds (twins) vibrated so much that we thought we had magic fingers. Took me months to stop the vibration in my head. We had a wonderful time. Sorry, don't remember the song, just the wonderful hard rolls and gorgonzola and cheese for dessert. We had a great waiter who made every meal wonderful. Who knew about mega ships back then!

Stevie

I was just at Fanning a few weeks ago. I didn't feel there was a need for bug spray. There were no bugs, except an occasional fly.

The bbq was more of a buffet operation that was under a covered shelter. There were also covered picnic shelters with tables, as well as chairs on the beach.

A couple that we met on the cruise went snorkling on Fanning. They were debating about going over to Napali Beach for their snorkle time, but decided to try the main island first. According to them, snorkling was NOT recommended iexcept at Napali Beach because of the very heavy current.

They are the daredevil type and tried it anyway. They are very experienced divers/snorklers that live in Florida. Afterwards they said that they easily could have gotten themselves in trouble if they weren't so experienced and were highly aware of the problems of the current. :eek:

The snorkeling at Napali was not great. The water is SO shallow there. You can walk out into the lagoon for a LONG way and it is still only waist deep.

To get to Napali, you have to take the ship's excursion -If you are only going there to snorkel-don't bother.

I went snorkelling with the Ship's snorkeling Excursion and it was great. Lots of fish and the water is very clear.

If you want more info-email me at donnalat@northwestel.net

Archived