serenade excursions

skymac

We're on the same cruise as you, but a week earlier. We fly in from England to San Juan the evening before and stay overnight in the Radisson.

I think the excursions you choose depend on your interests really. We're all in our late 40s (two sisters and their husbands) and as the Caribbean is such a long way for us to travel our intention is to see as much of each island as we possibly can. Also to build in some beach time as my sister and I love sun bathing and snorkelling too!

We've been to the Caribbean, Mexican peninsula and the US before on holiday but this cruise ticked all the boxes for islands we haven't yet been to. So, on Antigua we've booked to be taken in the morning to the Stingray park (don't get many chances to swim with stingrays in rainy England!). Then we're hopping back on ship for a quick lunch, then get a taxi to a beach with a quick spot of sightseeing on the way.

On St Lucia we've booked an island tour with Cosol Tours which includes a beach stop. St Maarten, it's the same thing with Joyce Prince Tours, and on St Thomas we've booked a ship excursion.

The only one we haven't yet booked anything for is Barbados. We were intending to book something with Glory Tours but didn't get very good service and lost confidence in them, so we'll go elsewhere. We may just do a taxi tour followed by a beach and some shopping in Bridgetown. But Barbados is a very popular holiday destination with the British and I know loads of people who've been there. No doubt someone will recommend something!

The four of us hope to get together next week and decide what to do about Barbados and the few hours we'll have on Puerto Rico before the ship sails. Unfortunately our flight home is early afternoon on the 17 Feb, so we can't do anything that day. So we're hoping to board the ship early on the 10th Feb and then get off for a few hours sightseeing.

We're off to Cologne in Germany for the weekend - the Christmas markets in Germany are wonderful. So while we're wandering about in the cold we'll probably be talking about our upcoming cruise in hot sunshine!

We did the silver moon in barbados. It was one of our favorites.

In St. Lucia we did jungle tours with shal. My teenage daughter love this excursion the best. We were the only ones on a open top land rover and shal showed us over the whole island and then took us to a sugar plantation for a private lunch. Our best excursion ever!

My husband doesn't swim and isn't overly keen on boat trips, but cruise ships are fine as they're more like floating cities I suppose! What a wimp!

We used to love doing jeep safari type trips - we had fantastic ones when we were in the Dominican Republic and Mexico, and my sister and I would go on snorkelling boat trips while our men did something else. But my sister has had serious health problems over the last couple of years which has left her with a walking disability and she tires easily. Boat trips would now be difficult and uncomfortable for her, as would any trip that was quite physical. She also needs help now walking across a beach and down to the waters edge, but she does the make the most of getting us to fetch and carry for her when she gets settled on her sunbed!!

It's a pity though, because we looked at the Silver Moon and heard great reviews, and my sister commented on being sorry that she couldn't do that trip now. Luckily for us our children are now grown so at least we need only to suit ourselves.

Booked on Serenade of the seas for 2/17. So many excursions available I haven't got a clue how to choose. Any help?

Do you want to do only ship's excursions, or some on your own?

Check out my photos for some great excursions that we have done on that itinerary.

We are going on this ship again in April, and we can hardly wait!

Archived