Young Island Resort, St Vincent - cost of day pass

LiznMartin

Now in a position to answer my own question, and posting the info in case anyone else is interested!

Just call reservations (784-458-4826) and book a cottage for the day. The price I was given for April 2007 is $75 plus 17 per cent tax (about $80 in total). The cottage means you have shower and changing facilities and you get access to sun loungers and the rest of the island's facilities which I think includes use of wind surfers, snorkel gear, glass bottom boat etc. (see their website). A further $20 each will get you the buffet lunch. So if four people go, it's not a bad deal at all - though personally, having drooled over their website, I think it's worth it even for just two people! Perfect for a lazy day.:D

• 5 weeks later...

as all beaches are public in St. Vincent, you can use the Young Island beach without charge. Non residents can also use the beach bar and restaurant. And in the past we have done this. No problem

That said, $75 for the day use of a cottage, plus $20 pp for lunch sounds like a good deal. Thanks for the info

• 3 weeks later...

Curiousx,

when did you last visit Young Island ? I have emailed them and they are now saying that there are no day passes and it is a private resort, so we have to purchase a room for the day. Any information you can give would be a great help.

Thanks Angela

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Young Island is a private resort, I'm sure that you would be a little ticked off if you had booked a secluded getaway on a tiny island only to find it invaded by cruise ship passengers!

My recommendation is make a lunch reservation, have your pre lunch cocktail, enjoy your lunch, and then take a swim, have another cocktail at the coconut bar, and then head back to the ship!

The young Island ferry will not take you to the island if you do not have a reservation, or of you are not staying in the island... hopefully you will be able to understand why!

By the way all of the beaches in St. Vincent and the Grenadines are public beaches, however some are easier to access than others... if you are feeling VERY fit you can swim from St. Vincent to Young Island, but I wouldn't recommend it....

If the free Young Island ferry won't take you (and there is no reason it shouldn't if you are going to spend money at the bar and restaurant, even without a reservation), a water taxi will. That said, the beach at Young Island is not great, in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Really keen to visit Young Island Resort for the day, but have been quoted $100 for a cottage for the day , + 10% service, + 15% vat, when you add this together with the cost of taxi transfer (approx $15 each direction), without lunch/drinks this is adding up !

If it is possible to book lunch, have a few drinks and a swim, I would definatly visit, I have e-mailed Young Island to this effect and await their response.

Will keep anyone else interested posted.

:confused::confused::confused:

Archived