Which Carnival Ruins Excursions?

Marietta

I'm going on Carnival Holiday in April - I'm thinking the Uxmal ruins would be awesome to see - my question is: how long do you have at the site? Description says it's 2.5 hours one way to get there, and a 6.5 long trip - 5 hours of driving for an hour and a half of exploring seems a bit silly. Is this the case, or are they overestimating the drive time?

We went to Uxmal in October and it was one of the highlights of our cruise! I don't remember the drive being so long; the guide told interesting stories the whole way. It seemed like maybe and hour and 15 minutes going, and a bit coming back to the ship as we stopped at a little shopping "hut." The ride was very comfortable and enjoyable, learned a lot of local history I didn't know! The ruins were fantastic - it felt like we were there plenty long enough to see everything. At the end, we bravely climbed the "HUGE" ruin - and I say bravely because coming down scared me half to death! But the view from the top was worth it. Like I said, it was one of my favorite experiences about our first cruise! Highly recommended!

Just hung up with carnival..they finally updated their site so it shows as available on my 5/12/08 sailing.

Probably gonna book it through them because I just don't wanna wait till I get to port to find someone. :cool:

Just hung up with carnival..they finally updated their site so it shows as available on my 5/12/08 sailing.

Probably gonna book it through them because I just don't wanna wait till I get to port to find someone. :cool:

I highly recomend booking through Carnival and have never been disappointed. I'm cruising to the Southern Caribbean next month and have already paid for most of my shore excursions.

Archived