Hertz At Hilo

jerwick

Can't speak about Hertz at Hilo specifically, but from my experience, all the rental companies have their shuttles at the pier when ships dock, particularly if they know they have hirers, so you shouldn't have to ring. Except of course, if you arrive early in port (as we did in Nawiliwili following an itinerary change) and the NCL agent hasn't let the rental companies know!!

Having said that, I wouldn't leave the ship without having the local Hertz number handy so that I could call them if the shuttle wasn't there. Doesn't hurt to give them a ring anyway before you leave the ship either if you don't want to risk waiting on the pier.

Cheers

Bob

I wouldn't leave the ship without having the local Hertz number handy so that I could call them if the shuttle wasn't there. Doesn't hurt to give them a ring anyway before you leave the ship either if you don't want to risk waiting on the pier.

Cheers

Bob

Great advice Bob! We've done this and it has helped on several occassions.

We did rent from Hertz in Hilo on our POAloha cruise. If you do get off the ship shortly after arrival in port, they'll already be there. You'll see a driver in the terminal building (Probably Ernie - he's a great guy - we saw him there on our POAm cruise as well.), with a sign for Hertz.

If we do decide to cruise on POH this coming January, and it looks like we will, we'll certainly rent from Hertz. They seemed to handle the number of passengers requiring shuttles better than Thrify (long story, but we almost missed the ship because they only had one shuttle running the last 90 minutes the ship was in port).

Have a great cruise!

Archived