St. Martin/Navigator

We will be stopping in St. Martin on our cruise on the Navigator. We hope to take the excursion to Orient Beach and then go to Maho Beach Club. Is there time to do both? My husband would like to see the low flying planes on the beach at Maho. Does anyone know if it's a private beach? Any suggestions would be helpful. I think we're in St. Martin from 8-5. Thanks

The 2 beaches are in opposite directions from the pier. The taxi to Maho for 2 is about $15 each way. Taxi to Orient is about the same. You'd have time if you want to pay the money. You don't need a ship tour to Orient. Just take a taxi. If you have more people sharing, the pp price is less. All the beaches are public. When are you on NOS? My sailing in late August goes to St. Thomas, but not St. Martin.

We don't leave until next March. We've been to St. Martin before and Orient Beach but hubby really loves it. Are cabs available to get back? I know they'll be at the port to get to the beach but I wondered where we would catch one to get to Maho.

There are plenty of taxis available at Orient beach to return. Maybe a taxi from there to Maho would be less than going back to the pier and getting another taxi to Maho. But if you look at a map, the distance looks pretty much the same. Now, I've not been to Maho so I can't say whether taxis are easily available there. However, since there is a bar there, I would imagine they could call one for you. To be sure, ask your taxi driver before you go to Maho.

Glad to read the information on cabs. We'll be on the Serenade in November and want to do the same thing. A couple of hours at Orient Beach, lunch at Sunset Beach Bar and watch the planes for a couple of hours.

Archived