Is "Nevis Sailaway" worth the money??

2boyzmom

We are a family of four and at $129.00 pp is this worth it? We like a nice beach, good drinks and some decent snorkeling (kids are too young for sightseeing)- can we stay at St.Kitts for a fraction of the cost and not have regrets?

2boyzmom,

Nevis SailAway is a wonderful excursion and well worth the money ----but not for kids and not for beach. It is a lovely sail on a catamaran with an open bar ( and the drinking does start early). There is a nice snorkeling stop and then you continue to sail to a pretty beach. At the beach you walk onto the beach for a lunch served in a cove. There was very little beach time. We more or less stood in the water to stay cool till the Cat came back for us. We enjoyed the day so much last year we are doing it again but I think with the kids you can spend the money more wisely.

I don't think it's for kids either. We loved it but there was more drinking on this boat than we have had on any of our snorkeling trips. I'm talking drunken conga lines, etc. We even started drinking before we snorkeled and we've never seen that.

What do you want out of the excursion? If you want the snorkeling experience and the catamaran trip, then it's probably worth it to you. If you want to visit Sunshine's at Nevis, you can do this very inexpensively and easily on your own.

Personally, I would not take young ones on this excursion. Too much drinking, but that is obviously a matter of opinion and a matter of the crowd on any given day.

We are cruising Presidents week, so I am expecting tons of kids on board. As far as getting over to Nevis on our own- I'm a bit concerned about the ferry schedules. Thanks everyone. The excursion is "waitlist only" right now... As far as drinks, is it anything you want on the beach or strictly that rum punch stuff (gives me a nasty headache!)

What do you want out of the excursion? If you want the snorkeling experience and the catamaran trip, then it's probably worth it to you. If you want to visit Sunshine's at Nevis, you can do this very inexpensively and easily on your own.

Personally, I would not take young ones on this excursion. Too much drinking, but that is obviously a matter of opinion and a matter of the crowd on any given day.

How should I get over to Nevis ?

Archived