Customer Service

tupper10

Next step? I have written to Celebrity's President about a problem I had and called the customer service rep numerous times as well. To date the only response I received was not satisfactory, and I asked for an explanation and more information based on the response I received, hence my letter to the President. One would think I would at minimum get a return phone call after leaving multiple messages with the customer service rep. or something in writing from someone regarding my letter. All I ever do is leave messages on voice mail and nary a return phone call. I mailed my correspondance return receipt so I know that it was received. Any suggestions as to whom to call or write to next would be appreciated.

Next step? I have written to Celebrity's President about a problem I had and called the customer service rep numerous times as well. To date the only response I received was not satisfactory, and I asked for an explanation and more information based on the response I received, hence my letter to the President. One would think I would at minimum get a return phone call after leaving multiple messages with the customer service rep. or something in writing from someone regarding my letter. All I ever do is leave messages on voice mail and nary a return phone call. I mailed my correspondance return receipt so I know that it was received. Any suggestions as to whom to call or write to next would be appreciated.

Hi tupper10,

I feel for your situation. This unfortunately is not out of the normal for Celebrity customer service. The lack of a return phone calls is what a lot of cruisers, who have any problems, have reported. The only way to have any success is to not give up and keep trying until you get a response. Also, when you call customer service keep asking to talk to a supervisor and maybe you will get to someone who can help you. Please post and let us know how Celebrity responds.

Good Luck,

Nurse Bambi

:mad: I sent an email to Celebrity well over a month ago and no one has responded to my email! I was charged both mine and my cabin mates on board accounts. I was wanting a reply and something done about this, but I guess they do not see this as an Issue! Not too impressed at all!

I finally got through today and essentially gave up with them understanding my complaint. It seems that I just kept going around in circles with them. So we have one cruise booked with children for this March and that is it - I am done with them. It is very sad because we have found the ship staff to be warm and wonderful - it is corporate that drives us insane. Any suggestions for cruise lines with a different attitude would be appreciated. We were thinking of Holland America. Are they better?

Just a question. In your correspondence, did you ask for them to reply to you? If I complain in writing, I ask for a reply if I want one. "A reply would be greatly appreciated." If I just want to voice a complaint and don't want to hear back, I don't.

If you did ask for a reply, then I would keep at them. If I got someone on the phone, I'd ask for their superior.

I had to do all of this with another cruise line. I did get replies, not the ones I wanted, but I did get them.

Good luck,

Shay

:mad: I sent an email to Celebrity well over a month ago and no one has responded to my email! I was charged both mine and my cabin mates on board accounts. I was wanting a reply and something done about this, but I guess they do not see this as an Issue! Not too impressed at all!

To get their attention, protest the extra charges with your Credit Card company. They will investigate and maybe even credit your card account while doing so. Do this immediately if you want some action taken.

This may be your only way to get something done and should be the first action to take in these circumstances. The cruise lines have no reason to quickly solve the problem (other than making you happy, of course) and that is not a priority with most of them.

Good luck.

Unfortunately, the Dan Hanrahan school of management seems to involve staying as isolated as possible from your guests. It was not always this way, with other X Presidents, but when the top guy puts no premium on staying in contact with passengers and solving problems, it filters downhill to every department.

I would definately not just let it go. If you are right, keep pushing.

Thanks for all your advice! I did ask for a reply and asked them to reply ASAP as I am the one that will be paying the Interest due to there mistake! But no one has even replied to say they are very backed up or we have recieved your email we are looking into this. I did call my credit card company and they said there was nothing they could do, they sugegested maybe the person whos charges are on your card can just pay them off, same response X gave me when I called them! I am just miffed as we both gave our credit cards when we boarded! GRR!

Thanks for all your advice! I did ask for a reply and asked them to reply ASAP as I am the one that will be paying the Interest due to there mistake! But no one has even replied to say they are very backed up or we have recieved your email we are looking into this. I did call my credit card company and they said there was nothing they could do, they sugegested maybe the person whos charges are on your card can just pay them off, same response X gave me when I called them! I am just miffed as we both gave our credit cards when we boarded! GRR!

Nilla,

I understand your frustration but I don't understand why you don't just have your friend pay your credit card for their charges? I understand the principle here but why incur addition interest charges? I am assuming your friend intended to pay their own credit card so why not yours?

Not meaning to be confrontational just a little confused. :o

Nilla,

Every credit card company that I know of will put a credit dispute on any charge even long after the charge was made. What happens is that they will issue a temporary credit on your account until the dispute is resolved. Your credit card company should then contact Celebrity and resolve this matter, if your credit card company will not stand up for you then I would seriously consider getting a new credit card company and would tell them so.

Some companies, as you have found out, are reluctant to step-up to the plate without some pushing! I would call your credit card company again and if they will not do this, then I would ask to speak to a supervisor and continue to escalate the call until you get to someone who will do what they are supposed to do in these situations. Some companies do depend on customers who have not received what they have paid for to just go away.

Good Luck and don't let them grind you down!

Nurse Bambi

Under the fair debt collection act you have the right to dispute any charges to your credit card(s). However, your rights are absolutely not protected by a phone call (although some credit card companies will take the dispute over the phone). You must notify them in writing. I recently had a situation where an airline charged me twice for a ticket. I informed the credit card company (in writing) that I had not authorized two charges and they issued me a conditional credit immediately. Their investigation discovered that the airline "thought" the first charge had been declined (ha!), so they ran it again. I recommend you write your credit card company, telling them you did not authorize the charges and asking for proof that you did (receipts w/your signature). I've always found the dispute process very easy.

Archived