Spirit Suites pics...Can we try again???

10s nut

Hi, I hope you can answer a couple of questions as we are considering these type of suites for next year.

1. Are they in the back or front of the ship? If in the front, how was the motion of the ship. Plus, the suite with two balconies. Was one of them, very windy, again if they are in the front of the ship.

2. We are thinking of reserving now for next summer, but prices seem so high. Could I expect the price to drop between now and then? Also, would you mind sharing what you paid?

3. We are also considering reserving 10002 and 10006 which appears to be adjoining rooms. This would help the budget. Any thoughts on that plan?

Thanks for your help!!!!

10snut, we wouldn't go back because it was colder than we like. The area of Texas we are from is generally warmer in the winter than it was in May when we went. We found we really prefer the warmer climate cruises.

So, how were the people in 10000 last week "interesting"? You've piqued my interest.

Natalie

Cruisin - lets just say we didn't pay much. We bought a BF balcony guarantee about 6 wks before sailing and then "upsold" our room through NCL to the suite.

We were in the front of the ship which was magificent. What a unique perspective. I'm not sure I could sail any other way again. Due to the stronger winds, however, they don't have chairs on the balconies. In 10002 with the side balcony there is a chair on the side balcony and you dont have the same wind issues (or the same view). I think reserving the balcony room nextdoor along with that suite would be a great plan. It is my understanding there is some wind noise inside the cabin from the side balcony, however.

We only experienced motion issues on Sunday as we had gale force winds and the boat was rocking enough to make me sick. But that was not specific to the front of the ship.

Nat - the people in your room got smashed at the captains party and offered to "be friendly" to another couple onboard, if you get my drift. And you are right, because it was the lounge, 10000 has solid walls on both sides versus the peek through in the others :)

OMG! :eek: That is too funny!

I have a friend who went to Cancun with her husband last summer and they were trying to get a cab to their hotel. Another couple was going to the same hotel so they shared a cab. Once at the hotel they hung out together that night and the next day. During dinner the next day the husband said something about going to a swingers club, and my friend did not know what that was. Needless to say we have had fun picking on her about their swinger friends since then! My husband works with her and he has had her paged at work saying, "Amy, John Doe (not his real name) is on line 60". She was terrified when she heard that!

I'm so thankful we got cabin 10000 now! Granted, we aren't newlyweds, but we've only been married for 18 months! I don't want to subject anyone else to that! :D

Natalie

First, Hi Brenda!!!! And of course my wine alone last night was NO fun:( I miss the B family and the P family:D And you too Richmond:p

Let's see. I think Richmond answered the questions about the suite and how we got it so cheaply. The front of the ship is the ONLY way to go to AK. That's how I was able to get such great shots. Motion is much less an issue at the front than at the back. I have been at the back on the Millennium, and it was very rocky.

As far as my camera, it is a Sony 3.2 megapixels with a zoom lens. But let me tell you a secret. Any 3 or above megapixel will do the trick. It's not the camera but the PROGRAM. I invested in Photoshop Elements and if the photo is salvagable, I can change almost anything. At first I was totally freaked with everything I had to learn, but the more I used it the easier it became. I am sure there are still hundreds of things about it I don't know.

We love answering questions, so if you have any more, fire away.

WE miss you to Richmond and 10's, and where the H__ is Big? ...Gee the after party effects are so dreary...I think we should start a new role call for the Jewell and then if there are enough people we like we can book HA!!!!

Richmond I am trying to find your e-mail address, I remembered the web site I just thought of Cat Stevens ~smile, the music memory I have...

I will look again I am almost unpacked....

I'm here (barely!)......it's been a bit rough since we got back. I don't think I've ever had such extreme jet lag. The kennel delivered our pets yesterday (or so they tried to convince us). They got the cat right....but our cocker spaniel sure looked different! He seemed taller, stronger, younger and had a new "whine". But the kennel guy kept telling me I just didn't recognize my own dog since we were away so long and called me crazy before he left. So I start to think that maybe I am crazy and Noah will get a laugh out of this. Well.....it turns out I was right and this dog tried to attack Noah when he walked in the door. So I call the kennel and they tell me "Ma'am, that's the only buff cocker spaniel we have and we never mix up dogs". So I ask "did you have a buff cocker spaniel last week that could have gone home with someone else?" (Duh???) She paused and said "Let me call you back". To make a long story short, they somehow found our dog a few hours later. This kennel is the most well known in the state (and the most expensive) so we were just shocked that this could happen.

Whewwww, that is it? Just a dog issue? Well, hopefully they refunded your money and the cruise too???? This is just to much.....

The Jet lag was hard for me too..I do better with the clocks the other way, more experience I guess.

Glad NOAH is in one piece...Write more when you can....OOPPPSSS, is the house in one piece????

No - it wasn't just the dog issue. When our flight arrived at JFK, they only had one person on duty for baggage claim so it took 1 hour and 25 minutes before the bags started coming out. Our limo driver was irate and was screaming every four letter word in the book (because we had a flat rate and this was making him very late for his next pickup). Then last night I went to get our pictures developed and some jerk was in a lane to go straight and I was in the right lane (turn only) and he decided at the last minute to turn right.....into me.....ran me up the curb and then took off. The cop was so nasty to me....and gave *ME* a ticket for not being able to hand him my insurance card in a timely manner. (I was a little frazzled since it's a new car and the guy took off). Even though I got the plate and description of the car, the cop said the other guy would not get a ticket. I thought there was a law against leaving the scene of an accident....but I guess not.

No - the kennel didn't refund my money (yet). I have photos of the other dog so I plan on going to the media if I have to. I at least knew enough to take pictures so that the kennel couldn't deny it.

And I thought just not getting our luggage until the next day was an issue:D

The next day, instead of waiting for delivery, we drove to the airport, Richmond grabbed them off the bagbelt and walked out. Do you think the airport has called us yet????

I think both things that happened to you are enough to send ANYONE right over the edge. Hope you have cracked open that Chardonnay:p

Archived