Few questions about Intercontinental-Miami

freedom1

1. Is there a coffeemaker in the room? If not, how much do they charge for a cup of coffee?

2. Is there a drugstore/convenience store within (safe) walking distance? We will need to purchase Diet Mt. Dew (RCI only has Coke products-ugh!!)

3. If you don't want to pay the huge price for the buffet--what are other breakfast options? Bakery anywhere near?

1. Is there a coffeemaker in the room? If not, how much do they charge for a cup of coffee? Yes, I recall there is a coffee maker in the room.

2. Is there a drugstore/convenience store within (safe) walking distance? We will need to purchase Diet Mt. Dew (RCI only has Coke products-ugh!!)

Yes, Walgreens is about two blocks West up Flagler. We had to make a stop. It's an easy walk in the daytime but I wouldn't walk after dark.

3. If you don't want to pay the huge price for the buffet--what are other breakfast options? Bakery anywhere near?

That was our dilema, too. We decided to take a taxi to South Beach to the News Cafe on Sunday before 9 a.m. (wanted to see that area anyway!). It was a $25 taxi ride each way but we had a great breakfast, got to walk the beach and take some photos. We got back to IC just before 11 a.m., got the luggage and took a taxi to the port. Not much open on Sunday morning at Bayside either. Holiday Inn is a doable walk but their breakfast buffet may be more than you wish to spend, also.

Intercontinental is a great hotel pre-cruise, but it is in a business district where there aren't too many Sunday morning options without taking a taxi.

We stayed there 2 years ago.

We walked to a Walgreen's drugstore to buy bottled water and snacks, it was about a 15 minute hike as I recall. An easy walk for younger people who are in shape, older people would not want to make this walk. It was roughly a similar distance 10-15 minute walk to the Bayside market as I recall. It seemed like safe walking in the daytime, I have no idea about the evening though.

Archived