Some questions for first time RCI cruisers

jlyn1216

I have a few questions. The first and only cruise i have been on was the norwegian dawn. How does rci compare to ncl? Ncl has freestyle and you can eat whenever you want, sit with whoever you want ,and dress resort casual for dinner. How does Rci do it? With the tipping Ncl charges 10 per day for your waiters and room stewards what about Rci? Can someone please give me some info Jamie

RCI Gives you tipping guidelines, and you tip at the end of the cruise, or you can have the tips added to your seapass account. Room steward $3.50 per day, Waiter $3.50 per day, I forget the other amounts, but it's on their website. It amounts to about $10 a day also unless you are in a suite, and then they suggest more.

You do have reserved dinner seating in the dining room, but you can also opt for the buffet in the windjammer or one of the specialty restaurants.

The specialty restaurants have a sur charge. There is also 24 hour room service at no extra charge. And don't forget the midnight buffets, and also they serve snacks and treats through out the day, and even walk around with trays of treats late at night in the bars and clubs.

RCI Gives you tipping guidelines, and you tip at the end of the cruise, or you can have the tips added to your seapass account. Room steward $3.50 per day, Waiter $3.50 per day, I forget the other amounts, but it's on their website. It amounts to about $10 a day also unless you are in a suite, and then they suggest more.

You do have reserved dinner seating in the dining room, but you can also opt for the buffet in the windjammer or one of the specialty restaurants.

The specialty restaurants have a sur charge. There is also 24 hour room service at no extra charge. And don't forget the midnight buffets, and also they serve snacks and treats through out the day, and even walk around with trays of treats late at night in the bars and clubs.

On Freedom Of The Seas it has both Portofino's and Chops Grille. There is a charge of 20 Dollars per person to dine there but the food is absolutely phenomenal.

There are places through out the ship where you can find something to eat like Windjammer, Sorrentos and Cafe Promenade where they do not charge you anything for Food.

No freestyle dining on RCI--you will experience the traditional way of cruising, with assigned seating and dining times. IMO, it's a much better way than the freestyle--If folks are given a choice of being friendly and inviting others to dine with them, chances are it won't happen! This way, you meet your tablemates, and most of the time, become quite good friends! It's a lovely way to dine!

Archived