Optional Expenses Onboard Diamond

Palomino

My teen daughters will each take a friend with them on our next cruise, Diamond Mexican Riviera. I want to brainstorm possible onboard expenses so their parents can decide how much spending money to provide them. Can you help me brainstorm typical teen onboard expenses? I have thought of: tips, soda card, drinks, ceramics, and gift items from shops. Can you think of any others?

My teen daughters will each take a friend with them on our next cruise, Diamond Mexican Riviera. I want to brainstorm possible onboard expenses so their parents can decide how much spending money to provide them. Can you help me brainstorm typical teen onboard expenses? I have thought of: tips, soda card, drinks, ceramics, and gift items from shops. Can you think of any others?

I am not sure about this but what about the video machines in the teen centers or kids section. Do they require coins to work?

Marilyn

and are having the same discussion.

Add to the possible list:

Internet usage

Ice Cream bar

tipping room service waiter (they will order!)

I'm in the mental range of $10.00 a day for them to manage (perhaps a few dollars less if I buy them soda cards which I'm leaning towards) with the exception of big ticket items (shore excursions, family dinner at Sabatini's)

One more slight nightmare I had was the phone in their room - that they could 'dial' out international.... big $ and a discussion will be had. I don't know if you can block off ship calls on a Princess ship. Same goes for their own cell phones in most ports...

Enjoy your cruise with them!

RE Soda cards: in order for the soda card to be worth it, each card holder must order at least four drinks per day. Just something for you to keep in mind. There is free ice cream after 3 PM in the restaurant were they serve the buffet. It is hidden (the unused side of the restaurant) so you may have to ask.

They may also want to take a trip to the spa for a manicure or a pedicure. Not sure where you would find the prices for that, but I know that some teen girls LOVE to do that kind of stuff.

The video games in the teen club are free (they have game systems like X-Box and such).

You may also want to find out if the parents want profesional photos of the kids. When we went to Alaska with another family, we had pictures taken of our daughter and theirs (best friends) and split the cost of the lot.

Hope that this helps.

emoki3:)

Thank you for all of your replies. You have given me more ideas to add to the list. I have been wondering about the soda card. We might skip them. My kids don't usually drink much soda, and on trips they like to indulge in some of the fancier blended drinks (1 a day).

I wish Princess had lemonade. Maybe we'll just have to make our own.

Archived