Looking for a Cruise (any ideas)

vesw01

We would like to do a cruise next Thanksgiving or mid-Nov on RCI or Princess. We have only cruised another line, so I have no idea what price we should be shooting for. I know Thanksgiving will be much more expensive - but a price per day would be great.

We are a mini-family reunion - myself, my DH our 5 kids, my two siblings and their sign. others and my parents. My Dad thought maybe the Mexican Riveria or the Western Carib. I would love another balcony with my kids in an inside across the hall.........

any ideas, prices etc?

We did the Radiance (Western) the first week of November and it was a 6 nighter. The ship is beautiful and we were blessed with amazing weather in every single port. I highly recommend the Radiance - lots to do without it being a massive ship you can get lost on!

Good Luck! :)

Start looking on the internet web sites for cruise prices and use the search features and other links on these boards to gain info. We always cruise the end of Nov-mid Dec range and the prices are reasonable..usually less than $100 per day. Good luck..the planning is half the fun!

We would like to do a cruise next Thanksgiving or mid-Nov on RCI or Princess. We have only cruised another line, so I have no idea what price we should be shooting for. I know Thanksgiving will be much more expensive - but a price per day would be great.

We are a mini-family reunion - myself, my DH our 5 kids, my two siblings and their sign. others and my parents. My Dad thought maybe the Mexican Riveria or the Western Carib. I would love another balcony with my kids in an inside across the hall.........

any ideas, prices etc?

We have cruised Thanksgiving week 3 or 4 times (our anniversary is then). I think it is the best time of the year to cruise the Western or Southern Caribbean. The temps are mid to high 80s (sometimes low 90s) and the water temp is right at 80. The seas are calm too.

I think a lot of families have get-togethers and cruising is not as popular for that time of year. Therefore, we find that the week of Thanksgiving is usually lower prices.

As others have suggested, start checking RCI for that week on all the travel-webs (cruiseone, expedia, icruise, oritz, travelocity, cruisedeals, cruisesinc, ecruises, just to name a few), to get your best deal.

Hope This Helps.

We have done the Mexican Riviera at that time of year, and found it to be very windy, rainy and cooler than the more sheltered Western Caribbean.

The weather channel usually shows how hard Mazatlan, Cabo, & Acapulco get hammered in the fall. IMHO, I would rather plan for the caribbean, but whatever you choose, have a wonderul time!!!:D

If everyone in your group can clear their schedules for mid-November, you will save A LOT of money vs cruising during the Thanksgiving holiday.

Any time that schools are not in session, cruise fares shoot up.

Your idea of a balcony cabin for you and DH with kids in interior cabins across the hall is an excellent one. There is even a special pair of cabins (two pairs each per Voyager class ship: Mariner, Navigator, Adventure, Explorer, Voyager) that is a balcony cabin with a CONNECTING interior cabin.

We cruised once over Thanksgiving and the prices were average. We had booked another time and the rates were great though we had to concel due to illness. If one ship is expensive pick another. I would go for the Eastern Carib or Southern for the best weather.

Archived