NCL At Port Of Miami; Questions about embarkation and disembarkation

Bishopcfd

Greetings,

I will be departing on the 18th out of Miami on the Pearl. Can't wait to go.

Anyhow, I do have a couple of questions regarding NCL at this location. I have used DCL and RCCL located at Port Canaveral. Both offered quick and efficent check in's. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. each time and were on the ships by 12:00 p.m. Not much waiting around. We purchased transfers from NCL. We will be arriving at FLL around 10:30 a.m. coming from Orlando.

So, regarding Miami:

1). How long of a ride is it from FLL to Port of Miami?

2). Is NCL pretty efficent checking in guest or are there issues I should be made aware of?

3). Are you allowed on the ship directly after checkin, or will we have to wait if we arrive too early?

4). We have a late flight on the return. About what time does the last bus leave the Port heading to FLL?

5). Is disembarkation the same as DCL and RCCL, better or worse?

Any other info you kind folks could offer would be aprreciated.

If you have NCL transfers, I would guess you'll get your bags and wait til the bus is ready to go- so you might make the pier at 1pm or so. Check in is fast and by that time you'll be able to go right on board. We sailed the Jewel last week and were on board ar about 11:30a.

Debarkation for NCL transfers to FLL for flites after 3pm was 9:55 am.

Greetings,

I will be departing on the 18th out of Miami on the Pearl. Can't wait to go.

Anyhow, I do have a couple of questions regarding NCL at this location. I have used DCL and RCCL located at Port Canaveral. Both offered quick and efficent check in's. We arrived around 11:00 a.m. each time and were on the ships by 12:00 p.m. Not much waiting around. We purchased transfers from NCL. We will be arriving at FLL around 10:30 a.m. coming from Orlando.

So, regarding Miami:

1). How long of a ride is it from FLL to Port of Miami?

2). Is NCL pretty efficent checking in guest or are there issues I should be made aware of?

3). Are you allowed on the ship directly after checkin, or will we have to wait if we arrive too early?

4). We have a late flight on the return. About what time does the last bus leave the Port heading to FLL?

5). Is disembarkation the same as DCL and RCCL, better or worse?

Any other info you kind folks could offer would be aprreciated.

#2 I found them pretty efficient but do have a copy of your pre-registration form and your documents handy.

#3 - It depends on how early you are. When we cruised out of Miami, we arrived at the port at about 11AM. It took us about 10 minutes to check in. Then we waited about another 10-15 minutes (ample seating and juice and cookies available) We were on the ship around 11:30AM.

#5 - I can't compare it to DCL or RCCL (never been on those) but I like NCL disembarkation - You can wait in your cabin until your colour is called. I much preferred that to waiting in a crowded public room with bored kids and cranky adults.

Archived