FO cabin Mercury

Holly2

There has been some interest on this board about these cabins. We were just in FO 1152 this past week. The interesting thing is that we never heard the anticipated earth shaking noise upon docking and leaving port. We were prepared to deal with it in exchange for the added space but it was a non-issue. People walking by, however, is a reality; my husband and I disagreed on whether or not they could see in through the sheer curtain. May depend on the reflection from the sun. In any event, for the most part the deck is not heavily used -- the only exception was one sea day when it was too blowy on the resort deck so people came down to the penthouse deck where it is more enclosed.

I really liked the options the room provided -- someone can watch TV without disturbing anyone else. It's hard to tell from the diagram online but there is an actual sliding door which separates the two areas. Except for some discoloration in the sink, the room seemed to be in good shape and came with a charming room steward, Duver.

Be happy to answer any quesions.

Hi Holly,

See you made it home safely. I wish I would have known you had a family suite. I wanted to see what that looked like. We were down the hall from you in 1109. (concierge balcony). Prior to getting off the ship we got to see a Royal Suite and a sky suite. I think on our cruise the family suites were really a great value. We almost switched to that when they came available but were too late. I did enjoy our veranda however. We did check out the back deck to see if one could see in. During the day I saw nothing. In fact that back deck felt as though it was private for your use. I think possibly at night with the lights on inside the cabin possibly one could see in.Did you check?

Audrey emailed the address and email list to everyone. I didn't receive it. Turned out someone couldn't read my husband's handwriting, so our email address on it incorrect. I notified Audrey and she had already snail mailed me everyone's info. It was nice meeting you. Thank you for starting the original roll call thread.

San Diego Sue (Gloria):D

Hi, Gloria. We didn't think to check it at night because our room darkening shade was drawn anyway. It was like having our own deck -- and it was less blowy. Most of the people on that deck have verandas like you did so there weren't that many of us using it.

We had to disembark early with luggage valet so didn't get to do our room survey. Hope we cruise together again. holly

Archived