gift shop merchandise

Lachase

We bought some of the watches they had on sale. They were Cote d'Azur brand which I haven't even been able to find listed as a brand looking online once home. When I opened one of the boxes which had been securely packed in my luggage after arriving home yesterday, one of the men's watch bands was broken loose with a piece of metal off and the pin off. They were suppose to be gifts and now I am wondering if we just bought overpriced junk. I have emailed HAL but no response so far. I know they weren't terribly expensive, but neither is Timex and they do make dependable watches (at least that last longer than before they come out of the boxes). Has anyone else had experiences with the ship merchandise purchases? Pleased or displeased. Also, I think my husband may have bought me an expensive piece of jewelry for Christmas as a "surprise". Do you think he got ripped off or good value? I am feeling kind of low at this point and wished we had not purchased a thing.

We have bought a few things from the on-ship jewelery and found the items to be fine. We're selective about the purchases and have actually checked prices, and quality as best we can, at ports during the cruise. Supposedly they stand behind their items so you should be able to get resolution. As for the brand of watch....never heard of it but that doesn't mean anything other than I'm not familar with the brand. I did buy a Tissot from the ship's shop last cruise and I'm very pleased with the watch and the price.

Archived